Where to Set HPF And LPF For Best Sound

OrenB217

My 4 channel crescendo amp is set to eighty hz on the lpf and 150 hz on the hpf. Are these settings good as is or would they need adjustment? I experienced a little distortion on one song called "cut the mid range" which plays a high note, but other than that, the speakers sound great.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

My 4 channel crescendo amp is set to eighty hz on the lpf and 150 hz on the hpf. Are these settings good as is or would they need adjustment? I experienced a little distortion on one song called "cut the mid range" which plays a high note, but other than that, the speakers sound great.

set it to what sounds good. a good starting point is 80hz for both HP and LP and see what sounds good to you. personally, i wouldn't leave an 80hz gap between my mids and subs, but that is just me.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it really is up to you. when you really get into it youll find some songs sound great at one setting while others sound like shit. just have to play with it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

What are you low passing 80hz to? If you are setting for mids you should highpass at 80-90. By the way how is the 1000.4 I just got 2 sets of Crescendo ccx's and I'm looking to get rid of my Kicker 350.4?

Archived