Sonic Electronix

Okay guys i need some advice ..

So at first i was gonna buy 2 15" AudioQue SDC2.5

and power them on my AQ1200D

Then I got prices from DC and The Level 3 15s are almost the same price shipped ..

I was wondering what you guys would recommend? DC or AQ?

EDIT:

Also could 2 15" DC level 2 handle my AQ1200D? Its rated at 1470rms i think?

Thats like 735 RMS each?

I understand thats kinda a dumb question considering their rated at 300RMS, but come on they are DC, and DC subs can handle abuse ..

Just tell me if its not safe lol

Edited by Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

yeassir i do. In the above setup level 2s were replaced with level 3's and it was louder and deeper, much better sounding. The level 2s were great for getting rolling, but the level 3 is really where its at. Its more than worth the price difference. Stronger coil motor all around a better sub.

also dont forget that cone area is king, so stuff as much as you can :good:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Lvl 2 coils are tiny and pound on 300 watts 700 is to much IMO the lvl 3 would be the smart choice

Yeah thats what i figured :P

I guess Its Level 3 FTW! (This Time)

I figured for the extra couple bucks, im getting a 3" Coil as apposed to 2.5" that the AQ has :P

yeassir i do. In the above setup level 2s were replaced with level 3's and it was louder and deeper, much better sounding. The level 2s were great for getting rolling, but the level 3 is really where its at. Its more than worth the price difference. Stronger coil motor all around a better sub.

also dont forget that cone area is king, so stuff as much as you can :good:

Alright, im assuming your a DC Tech? or Rep? :D

Well DC sounds like they have amazing subs, and reliable ones at that ..

Whats the most power a level 3 15 can take?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

it can take as much as you give it before it blows up :popcorn:

depends 100% on the enclosure.

if you are getting 1 i would get a 1500W RMS amp and just be smart with it. If your running 2 i would probably put 2000W rms to the pair and just let it bang without worry.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

i had a dc audio level 3 15 about a month or 2 ago and i was running it on 1500 watts rms and i ran it on that much power for about 2 months :santa: but i would get 2 dc audio level 3 15's but if you do get them i wouldn't use the box that designed for the audioque's because that box was tuned higher because aq subs like high tuned boxes and the dc audio level 3's seem to like being tuned to around 32-34 hz with a decent amount of port area if you wanna hit the lows. but send me a pm and i'll redesign you a box for the level 3 15's.

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

BUMP ..

it can take as much as you give it before it blows up :popcorn:

depends 100% on the enclosure.

if you are getting 1 i would get a 1500W RMS amp and just be smart with it. If your running 2 i would probably put 2000W rms to the pair and just let it bang without worry.

So can DC Level 3 really take like 1500wrms?

Their rated at 600rms

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T