Need help finding a new engine.

I have a95 VW Golf GTI, and well... The engine in it is pretty well done.

Only thing is, i'm not a very mechanical guy, and I do not really know where to look to find a different engine to put into the car. I'm going to some local places today, and my girlfriends dad might help me look as well..

But I was wondering if any of you know a good place for me to check out online?

Only thing is, i'm not a very mechanical guy, and I do not really know where to look to find a different engine to put into the car. I'm going to some local places today, and my girlfriends dad might help me look as well..

I would say if you dont have the time/knowledge then I would just talk to a mechanic about the cost of replacing an engine. If you're looking for one to try yourself check out some golf forums (I don't know of any, sorry) and see if anyone can help you or if anyone is selling an engine.

I would say if you dont have the time/knowledge then I would just talk to a mechanic about the cost of replacing an engine. If you're looking for one to try yourself check out some golf forums (I don't know of any, sorry) and see if anyone can help you or if anyone is selling an engine.

Well i'll be getting my girlfriends dad to do the mechanical stuff, but I just want to try and help him find an engine..

And checking out golf forums is a good idea.. >_> Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

drop a ford v6 in there all you have to do is modify the engine mounts a litte:) and do a little work on widening the engine bay:) equip the engine with a lightened flywheel and a better clutch and your on your way:)

wut do you mean the motor is about done. how many miles? any smoke coming out of the tail pipe? are you using any extra fluids like coolant or oil? the motor might just need to be freshened up with new gaskets which usually cost 100 to 200 bucks for a complete set. how long has it been since you have done a tune up? it could be sumthin stupid do you have any check engine lights on? answer some of these questions and you might be able to go another route theres some people around here that know a thing or two about cars B)

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

go here and look around people have them for sale on here all day long. http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?810-Golf-III-Jetta-III-Parts

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

vr6 swap?

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol