Second Skin Audio

New Build So Far...

it's ok i'm a pic whore too. but anyways this is what i got so far. trying to take my time and make sure everything is the way i want it.

Image085.jpg

Image084.jpg

the port clamped as hell

Image087.jpg

Image086.jpg

glued and screwed

Image090.jpg

Image091.jpg

sides all put together

Image094.jpg

my 40 year old router

Image095.jpg

and my circle guide. i'm all about rigging somethin if it'll work. just screw the piece down in the middle of the circle, slide the bars into the holes, and just cut carefully :blush:

Image097.jpg

nice sea of dust

Image096.jpg

the rings after i got em all. pretty good i'd say for my circumstance. need to sand em a bit tho

Image099.jpg

Image101.jpg

bracing

Image100.jpg

Image102.jpg

aaaaaand this is what it's gonna resemble when it's done. not quite as angled maybe, maybe not so close to the edge, maybe flat? maybe inward? i dno. havent decided. trying to think which way will give the neatest appearance when you look in the back. any ideas?

that's all i got so far. hopefully tomorrow i can decide how i wanna set the subs. maybe wrap it in fleece then get to glassing and get this puppy done. and i still gotta layer the inside with resin. so all this in itself will be a timely process. i'll post pics up asap

i kinda like the way its sittin right now

how many u got anyway?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

what is that port tuned to and what equipment is going in here? i would kind of face them towards the front, kind of with the overlapping.

4 15" fully loaded BTL's. and either a pair memphis mojo amps hooked at 2 ohms, or 4 t20001's @ 1 ohm or 2 t40001's @ 2 ohm. might go for the 4k amps so i can hook em all 1 ohm for competition burps. tuned to 33hz.

u can fit five in there. four in the corners and 1 on the top in the middle. dude that would be so friekin awesome!

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

u can fit five in there. four in the corners and 1 on the top in the middle. dude that would be so friekin awesome!

lol possibly. funky as hell shape tho :blink: and the volume is for 4, but in the future when i can afford more, i could probably extend the box and put 6 in there. or 8 if i put 2 in the middle :lol:

didnt get much work done today. rough day at work and i came home and fell asleep so no pics for now. still might try to play with the angles tho.