DC Sound Lab

Limited for space!! 2 10s in optimal enclosure , or 2 12s in smaller than recommended??

WEll I sold my lvl 3s and I THOUGHT I had them NET @ 4.06 after displacement , but for some weird reason that was not the case

It was 4.06 Gross, .87 for port displacement ( 3x13.5x23 ) and .30 for the subs.. So I was only at about 2.9 CF net

They still sounded great and I put up my best #s ever with that box ( 145.4 legal , 146.8 driver door open off an Alpine MRp-M2000 )

Also along with the net of the box only being 2.9 CF for 2 12s, I was getting port noise because I didnt have enough port either ( probably should have gone 4" wide )

Which brings me to my question.. If I actually make the optimum enclosure plus more port, this box will be WELL over 5 CF .. It was nearly impossible to get this one in there, so its gonna be tough to go any bigger than MAYBE 4.3 cf GROSS .. So Should I go with 12s again and completely fill the trunk again, or go with 10s and make the optimum size enclosure for them.. Because Im guessing 2 lvl 4 10s would only need about 3 cf MAX, then the port and sub displacement would make it about 4 , Basically what the box I had my 12s in was..

Suggestions?

Haha Thor should know he fucks with 10's and finally 12's whooo

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Lets think smaller lol

10's depending on power .8-1cu after displacement making boxes around 2.5cu

12's I'll let ya know if they like 3cu this weekend lol

Nice !! What are you running this weekend?? Well at least the grand prixs have room, and so to the newer 99+ grand ams , but my 96 GA has a tiny ass trunk, and i dunno if I should try smething different or not.. Ive always had 12s, probably beause it was the best combo for cone area with the limited room I have.. And the car is only a commuter car/ Beat box ;) So I dont wanna dump a ton of $$ into this one.. which Is why I was checking out 10s and maybe even a single 15 with alot of power.. I wanted to have a daily setup with at least 2K rms .. I already miss my lvl 3s and not having beat is boring as chit, especially when im in my car 8-10 hrs a day :angry:

Lets think smaller lol

10's depending on power .8-1cu after displacement making boxes around 2.5cu

12's I'll let ya know if they like 3cu this weekend lol

bump for results

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!