Sundown Audio

amp going into protect

BeAlLsTaR13

my ground is at the rear driver side strut tower on one of the bolts.

its going:

- strut tower > neg battery terminal > amp negative.

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

i understand that but how much surface area do you have where the terminal connects to the strut towers bolt? do you have a flush mount of the terminal touching the frame of the car? or if possible i would suggest using a flat washer on both sides of the terminal to hold it flush and conduct power evenly. its hard to describe it but if your terminal doesnt have enough surface area touching the strut towers bolt it will not have a full path for the power to flow to the ground.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i understand that but how much surface area do you have where the terminal connects to the strut towers bolt? do you have a flush mount of the terminal touching the frame of the car? or if possible i would suggest using a flat washer on both sides of the terminal to hold it flush and conduct power evenly. its hard to describe it but if your terminal doesnt have enough surface area touching the strut towers bolt it will not have a full path for the power to flow to the ground.

yes theres 2 washers on bottom one on top.

Team Sundown Audio

i wonder why my hifonics 4ch goes into protect? everything is fine other than it going into protect, and when it does that the hifonics logo on top dimms when it goes to protect

i took back cover off and everything looked fine from what i could tell, but i dunno much about an amps internals, nothing looked burnt but i unno, i tried to call amp repare center and they never answer the damn phone, i got the amp off someone from here and only had it like 3weeks till it went to protect and each channel was @ 4ohms, but i had it wired down to 2ohms on each and its stable at that stereo and never went into protect

i want it fixed but aint got the money for a new amp

maby u can check your sub wires and ur subs too, i found out why my amp kept going into protect, i looked at my soundstream 10's and the surround came loose on one side and let the vc hit the side of the former and when i would turn it up it would move and pop into protect, i tried to reglue em and so far so good i guess, all i had was spray glue at the time tho

ied check speaker wires to make sure nothing came loose on u

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ya speakers wires wont be coming loose, their all soldered and locked in, and ive checked them like 2-3 times.

Team Sundown Audio

ok so now i retuned everything to make it so 23/24 on HU is my max, while doing so i realized from now, and past few days, no matter WHERE the gain is it can pop into proect.. 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 2/3 full or anywhere in between i can still pop it into protect

now its a little UNDER 1/4th and it seems to be cool, doesnt get TOO loud, it hasnt gone into protect yet i have the subw vol on eq roughly half, i usualy toy with that so only time will tell if it'l still pop into proect

but in the mean time i still would like to get some more ideas and reasoning to what it could be

Team Sundown Audio

another thing i was thinking of, check your voltage. make sure it doesnt drop too low. my old amp that i had the grounding issue with would suck the power from 13.4 v idle to 11v and would make the amp go into protect mode because of low voltage. its really hard sometimes to troubleshoot protect lights.

and another thing on top of that. try to connect the amp directly to its own battery and see if it goes into protect. that fixed my issue the last time i had my old amp before i junked that p.o.s. out.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

another thing i was thinking of, check your voltage. make sure it doesnt drop too low. my old amp that i had the grounding issue with would suck the power from 13.4 v idle to 11v and would make the amp go into protect mode because of low voltage. its really hard sometimes to troubleshoot protect lights.

and another thing on top of that. try to connect the amp directly to its own battery and see if it goes into protect. that fixed my issue the last time i had my old amp before i junked that p.o.s. out.

my voltage barely falls into the 13s... and ive tried running its self off the hc1800 and still did

Team Sundown Audio

try grounding it to back batt?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

it is grounded to back batt:

f82eaac7.jpg

Team Sundown Audio