Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone i Just broke in my 2 AQ HDC3 12's in my 4 cuft-5 cuft box, on 1 AQ2200d (soon getting a 2nd one).

So the issue is, i talked to AQ guy from Techsupport, he gave me all my amp settings and said at 3/4 volume, turn the bass knob slowly from min to when the clip light on the knob starts to flutter, so i go, 30/50 volume, turn the knob slowly up to even max, no clip light at all?

So i tried 5 more songs, and still 30/50 volume i turn knob from min to max, not even a blink on the clip light, DOES this mean my amp can go more?

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

if thats specifically what the tech said then yes turn it up as far as you can if you do blow anything it is not on your chest and AQ should take care of it. of course though theres going to be somebody to say "dont be cheap and just o scope it its the only way you are goin to know" which is true but....

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

play loud songs u play alot

volume at 3/4

put bass knob at 3/4

turn up gain on amp til clipping lights flutters

what headunit/settings do u have now

on headunit, no Eq. bass lowest ect, ive done all that so no clipped signal, and ok ill do that, my gains already at half though?

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

turn the volume up to 35 and see if it comes on. what HU do you have?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Def turn the volume up more, I know on my HU I can go to 28 with no clip light sometimes 29, but once I do 30 my red light goes crazy, except for when I play decafs version of white girl, amp loves that song haha

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

at 30/50? no way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

ah, i see.