Sonic Electronix

What kind of rca's you running?

ground look isolator is at the amp and i am running Rockford fosgate single twist RCA's... im going to try and wrap all power wires in electrical tape and then the 3 rca's to maybe help reduce signal noise kind of running out of ideas

EDIT: ok when i unplugged the RCA's from the front channel the noise in the front is very loud with engine off only in accessory mode. the ground loop isolator i have is a fierce ground loop isolator and there are 2 brown wires coming from the box ... i have yet to figure out what they are for.

Edited by michigancapri92

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try that and do you have the paint craped clean from all your ground (that was my problem)

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

try that and do you have the paint craped clean from all your ground (that was my problem)

all grounds are solid bare metal ... the signs are saying bad amp but its a new amp only 2 months old.... does rockford fosgate repair amps ?

I feel you pain about the noise. I spent several days chasing mine down. The final thing I did was got rid of the stock radio harness and wired the headunit staight to the battery and acc. Got rid of all the noise. Apparently my dash has a lot of interference, my compass on my phone work work if I sit in the front seat. :angry:

Kenwood KDC-X794

2 DC XL 15"

SAZ-3000D

Crescendo 6.5's

SAX-100.4

Knu wire and RCA's

XS Power Alt

D3400 and a D1200

th_XSPowerD3100andAlt728x90.jpg

Wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything as GM is usually the ones having those issues, if you have extra gear you can try out and see if you can isolate the noise you'll need to try that. Use an mp3 player into the amp as a source instead of the H/U and see if thats where it is, try different rca's ran from the front to back above the carpet and away from the power wires and also check you speaker wires and make sure they aren't frayed and exposed or shorting out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i have a strong feeling is something to do with after the amp because when i unplug the RCAs the noise gets louder ... do i put all my grounds in one spot or in different spots ?

i have a strong feeling is something to do with after the amp because when i unplug the RCAs the noise gets louder ... do i put all my grounds in one spot or in different spots ?

are your rcas wound up anywhere? if so you're creating a coil and that'll almost everytime cause whine. Also if you're using cheap ass rcas that'll do it too. seperate from any wires, don't coil up any extra rca cable. if you have extra run it further away then to the amp. do not wind it. And, if that doesn't work upgrade to some nice knu shielded rcas.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.