Sonic Electronix

Bass on your headunit is NOT the same... but the more bass on your HU you add the more you'll have to compensate on the gain. You cant keep 0.5v and raise your bass on the HU more than it's now or you'll clip further. I would suggest one or the other personally I make my Amplifier do all the work so I can adjust settings for bass VIA hu on the fly.

Bass on your headunit is NOT the same... but the more bass on your HU you add the more you'll have to compensate on the gain. You cant keep 0.5v and raise your bass on the HU more than it's now or you'll clip further. I would suggest one or the other personally I make my Amplifier do all the work so I can adjust settings for bass VIA hu on the fly.

Ok so If I put my Level on 1V can I add the bass on my head unit to +1 or +2? Bc im really not getting the bass I want without my bass boost on 2-3db and my gain O.5V. I just need a setting that wont hurt my subs that will give me adequate amount of bass. Or maybe I can adjust my "LOUDNESS" setting?

Edited by gotboom88

Mind posting a video of your subs playing once your all setup? Only one person has a vid on youtube thanks.

Also keep bass on 0 all the time. If you have sub level control on the head unit put it on max if you bass isnt to your liking, that shouldn't clip at all.

Sure ill try to make a video later today. I have a setting on my HU that says Sub W? Is that the Sub Level? Because with the settings I currently have I never really hear clipping just loud punching bass. But im going to back off on Bass boost and the Bass level on the headunit. I think my HU RCA is a 4V. How would it not be safe if im only pushing 140-170 watts on each speaker when the RMS for each one is 200-250watts?

Edited by gotboom88

Sure ill try to make a video later today. I have a setting on my HU that says Sub W? Is that the Sub Level? Because with the settings I currently have I never really hear clipping just loud punching bass. But im going to back off on Bass boost and the Bass level on the headunit. I think my HU RCA is a 4V. How would it not be safe if im only pushing 140-170 watts on each speaker when the RMS for each one is 200-250watts?

it is safe just make sure you set your head unit settings to the correct settings, Sub W should be on max, bass should be on 0 or lowest depending on how loud you want it as others have said here, btw how are those jl's are they any good because i find the price unbelievably cheap.

Distortion and clipping blows speakers, not power. If its not loud enough, buy a bigger amp.

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Clipping has nothing to do with the amount of power you are running. Clipping at any amount of power can ruin your speakers. You can't always hear clipping either. Your best bet is to set you Sub W level on your headunit first, then set your amp. Leave bass boosts, loudness and all those things off or at 0. Set your Sub W level on your HU to max without clipping, then your amp to max without clipping. Then you can always back your Sub W level down for less bass, but you never have to worry about going to much.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Clipping has nothing to do with the amount of power you are running. Clipping at any amount of power can ruin your speakers. You can't always hear clipping either. Your best bet is to set you Sub W level on your headunit first, then set your amp. Leave bass boosts, loudness and all those things off or at 0. Set your Sub W level on your HU to max without clipping, then your amp to max without clipping. Then you can always back your Sub W level down for less bass, but you never have to worry about going to much.

Thanks guys. Right now I have my Level set to 1V with no bass boost or bass. But I set the loudness to Medium and the sub W to +5 and their is another equalizer setting on the 50Khz and the higher you set it the more bass you get. So thats on +4. I get good clean bass but the subwoofers barely move?? should I go up a little on the bass? I dont want to underpower them.

Thanks guys. Right now I have my Level set to 1V with no bass boost or bass. But I set the loudness to Medium and the sub W to +5 and their is another equalizer setting on the 50Khz and the higher you set it the more bass you get. So thats on +4. I get good clean bass but the subwoofers barely move?? should I go up a little on the bass? I dont want to underpower them. Oh and DyknamikT their really good speakers they give you a clean hard punch. I bought mine at a local audio shop store for $242. Already in a ported box and everything. :yahoo: