Sonic Electronix

ok so i called my buddy today that owns a very respectable shop around here and all the workers no what they are talking about its not just like some bs shop like others but i called today asking if they had any sound deadner they didnt have any in stock but we got to talking and stuff and he was like you know that spray on sound deadner is just bed liner and sound deadner just really add mass to the car ......so is this true?

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

most dampeners even say that they are a "mass added dampener" when you add mass to ANYTHING it lowers the resonant frequency. the objective in a car is to lower the frequency of a "rattle" to a "flex", in layman terms you're making it heavy enough that it resonates so low you can't hear it anymore

problem is, you cant feasibly make a car stop resonating completely (well you can, check out alma gate's bronco as an example. not all of us can dump hundreds of pounds of concrete into our cars, but she did and it worked great) so what all us normal people do is something "good enough"

the thing about the stuff you see on the market, like damplifier and dynamat, is that they use butyl to stick and conform and add mass, and an aluminum layer that also adds mass as well as a bit of ridgidity(and keeps all that sticky stuff where it should be)

you can use bedliner, but make sure it stays elastic when it dries, if it doesn't there is a good chance it will chip off because the panels will still resonate.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

most dampeners even say that they are a "mass added dampener" when you add mass to ANYTHING it lowers the resonant frequency. the objective in a car is to lower the frequency of a "rattle" to a "flex", in layman terms you're making it heavy enough that it resonates so low you can't hear it anymore

problem is, you cant feasibly make a car stop resonating completely (well you can, check out alma gate's bronco as an example. not all of us can dump hundreds of pounds of concrete into our cars, but she did and it worked great) so what all us normal people do is something "good enough"

the thing about the stuff you see on the market, like damplifier and dynamat, is that they use butyl to stick and conform and add mass, and an aluminum layer that also adds mass as well as a bit of ridgidity(and keeps all that sticky stuff where it should be)

you can use bedliner, but make sure it stays elastic when it dries, if it doesn't there is a good chance it will chip off because the panels will still resonate.

How would you make sure that it stays elastic?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

try a couple brands and see which one can be bent and not crack, spray it on tinfoil or something and bend it when it dries, if you can bend it way back and forth without cracking or peeling off it should be fine

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Are y'all on crack.....

Just use the liner straight up. It doesn't matter if it goes hard. It is not going to crack on moving panels. I bet none of you run trucks with a real bedliner in it? We throw heave ass shit in out trucks, heavy enough to dent the floor of the box, drag stuff out of the box, and 90% of liners hold up no questions asked. So if you think a little vibration from your system is going to make it flake off.....think again.