Alright. 81%ish done. Matt had to head back to Kentucky and it was 11:00 here. They are in but I will have to do some sanding on the bottom of the mid pods to get a better fit with the door panel. I only have it hooked up to half my 4ch right now so maybe 50watts each side max... It's fucking awesome! Everything is just so "there" I guess I would say. Nothing is overpowering one sound or another. No harshness. Just pure fucking ear sex. And the most impressive thing to me is that I have so much mid bass right now I can't believe it. Two 6.5" speakers on maybe 20watts each are so much louder then the two sets of infinitys were with 50watts or so on 4 6.5". Once I bridge my amp these will have over 150rms on each side so I can't wait or even imagine that! I'm in love with hertz and will not change a thing except upgrade to XL midbass from them or the Mille series if they make a three way set. Here's this for now.

c494c75b.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Alright. 80%ish done. Matt had to head back to Kentucky and it was 11:00 here. They are in but I will have to do some sanding on the bottom of the mid pods to get a better fit with the door panel. I only have it hooked up to half my 4ch right now so maybe 50watts each side max... It's fucking awesome! Everything is just so "there" I guess I would say. Nothing is overpowering one sound or another. No harshness. Just pure fucking ear sex. And the most impressive thing to me is that I have so much mid bass right now I can't believe it. Two 6.5" speakers on maybe 20watts each are so much louder then the two sets of infinitys were with 50watts or so on 4 6.5". Once I bridge my amp these will have over 150rms on each side so I can't wait or even imagine that! I'm in love with hertz and will not change a thing except upgrade to XL midbass from them or the Mille series if they make a three way set. Here's this for now.

c494c75b.jpg

so you picked up new door panels?

How did you wire the front drivers door? My 2003 Taurus doesn't have the rubber accordian type of boot/sleeve and I was wondering how you ran yours. Awesome build though, very jealous of those speakers. good.gif

2003 Ford Taurus

15" Fi BL fully loaded

T1500-1 amp

Crescendo CCX525s in fronts

Kenwoods in rear

P400-4 amp

Originally I had took the door off, drilled a new hole, and ran the wires, siliconed the hole. Only problem is the wires stays exposed. Before this set is done I'm going to take the door connector off and I've seen someone on here with the same type of connection manage to dremel and drill a hole for new wires through the stock connector. Also there are extra pins in the connector not being used that you can pull out and hook up new wires to and it would function as stock which would be fine for most speakers. I just wanted a straight connection for these.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

they do sound awesome

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

So..... I never make up my mind until I hit "order".... build has changed because of this. I'm getting off the bandwagon for now to try something else... I'm really loving the new Hertz and really enjoy their sound. So, I'm not going completely SQ or nothing but I'm going to clean it up a little and try to do it right and spend money where I need to and not cheap out. I'm done with FatMat and only using SecondSkin now and love it. I'm going to be doing 2 12s on 2k now and port through the rear deck. Its still going to be loud but also sound amazing while it does it. Amps are going to be better quality and I'm either going with AA or Fi now to see what they can do.

But anyways. Update on the doors. Almost done :drink40:

d15ca53a.jpg

3cd64c87.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Archived