Sonic Electronix

how about 2 sundown audio sa-12's. from what ive heard there beast subs

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/sa-series-12.html

it does not matter what the xmax is for the most part. just because the subs that were in the box were 14mm xmax doesnt mean that the new ones have to be

Well im using this box calculator http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 and we have about 7cubic feet. your saying that it doesnt realy matter the xmax... we are building a custom box. Would we build it to say... 15 xmax tuned at 33hz? Because I REALLY want those subs and have been looking at them for a while now just recently figured out that they wouldnt fit with a 19mm xmax.. so what do u think?

mJzD9.png

here ya go this will make up your mind

those hit the highs and the lows wow!!! i hope i can fit these... in a width of 37 depth of 26 and a height of 17 not including the extra inch or so the woofers will take up...

mJzD9.png

ok the box has nothing to do with xmax so i dont know were your getting that from. the xmax is the excursion of the woofer which is what you just saw in that video i posted. you can build any box you want the xmax is gonna be the same cuz it has to do with the sub. maybe your mixing up a few terms but i dont know

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

I installed some optis, and they did nowhere near rated. The guy was mad at me when I told him you get what you pay for. Is the $100 saved really worth it?

He bought four more in a smaller sealed enclosure off of 600 watts each and they lasted a little longer. I think the second time he upped the gain since it wasn't as loud as he wanted

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

id chose them sundowns over lanzar anyday also for a budget system try 2 12" re se with an aq 1200. try fining some used ones since i heard the ones from china or wherever theyre from suck now.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

ok the box has nothing to do with xmax so i dont know were your getting that from. the xmax is the excursion of the woofer which is what you just saw in that video i posted. you can build any box you want the xmax is gonna be the same cuz it has to do with the sub. maybe your mixing up a few terms but i dont know

on this website it says enter the xmax of the subwoofer so i looked up the xmax for that sub, its 19mm when adding the dimensions of the box the port is to big for the trunk, if i change the xmax of the box to 14 they would fit. would that make them sound bad?

mJzD9.png

id chose them sundowns over lanzar anyday also for a budget system try 2 12" re se with an aq 1200. try fining some used ones since i heard the ones from china or wherever theyre from suck now.

i had one of the new re se's and now its in my wifes car. i beat on mine all the time and had no issues at all. my amp is rated at 950 watts at 2 ohms so it was prolly seeing 700 maybe a little more idk but it was fine. the sub still sounds great and is getting another 1500d on it

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

o i see what your saying. dont use that junk. go in the subwoofer section and download torres box calculator and use that from now on. xmax has nutin to do with what your doing.

here ya go just download it http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-310/

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Archived