Sonic Electronix

I am actually starting off fresh again into the subwoofer life, havent done anything in a while. So im in need of some advice, I was thinking about running 2 18" BTL's pushed by a MA Audio 10K amp. If anyone could tell me would this be a good set up to run, just want it for daily use nothing special. What type of alts should use so that I get the max output at idle? Should I run more than one alt with this setup? What would be the best type of batts to have as well with the setup. So if anyone has some good professional info that could help me in finalizing my decision I would greatly appreciate it.

I have one BTL 18 and i love it. Nice big clean sound and can get nasty when you need it to. Im running mine off of a DC power 270xp and xs power batteries and i usually never fall below 13.5. That amp you are talking about is a big one but im not really knowing anything about it so i cant comment. Good luck with your build

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

i would honestly sit back and then rethink your whole setup. i mean, the MA audio amp is completely inefficient and i believe the 10000 watts is peak at like 18 volts. and you obviously dont have the know how for the setup. its a daily driver, so why not something smaller, and closer to the RMS ratings for the subs. of course the subs can take much more, but for reliability youre safer playing it safe.

what kind of vehicle are these going in? why not do two AQ2200 per BTL? sounds legit, especially for a daily setup.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i would honestly sit back and then rethink your whole setup. i mean, the MA audio amp is completely inefficient and i believe the 10000 watts is peak at like 18 volts. and you obviously dont have the know how for the setup. its a daily driver, so why not something smaller, and closer to the RMS ratings for the subs. of course the subs can take much more, but for reliability youre safer playing it safe.

what kind of vehicle are these going in? why not do two AQ2200 per BTL? sounds legit, especially for a daily setup.

They are going in a 2005 tahoe, and for the AQ2200 would that be the best setup for the subs? I mean is there something better I can get besides having to get, I think you said 2 for each sub so that would be 4 amps. Also what iraggi alts will be good for this should I get one or two, and as for the power the 270xp would be good for this alone or would I need another batt?

Heres the thing Iraggi is not doing any buisness right now he is retooling his shop and has been for like ever, so my advice to you is to talk to mechman or dc power for your alts, if you going for a daily set up how much power do you want to give your subs unless u really know what ur doing i wouldnt put much more than 3k on each sub (but thats just me) i say get like 2 AQ3500's and run 1 to each sub or 2 SAZ-3500 and run 1 each to each sub if you want some power, get urself some xs power batts and call it a day, XS can tell you how many and what kind of batterys ull need when you tell them how much power u plan on running, same with the alt companys they will tell you how many and what size ull need just based of how much power ur going to run.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

What was your old system like if ya don't mind me asking?

You could do the 2 - 18" BTL's on a pair of saz3500's, AQ 3500's, crescendo 3k's or some other high powered amps. There is a lot to choose from and a ton of options to go with, but for starters i would atleast have a nice bank of batteries and a good 300a alt as a start and go from there and see how things work out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

What was your old system like if ya don't mind me asking?

You could do the 2 - 18" BTL's on a pair of saz3500's, AQ 3500's, crescendo 3k's or some other high powered amps. There is a lot to choose from and a ton of options to go with, but for starters i would atleast have a nice bank of batteries and a good 300a alt as a start and go from there and see how things work out.

My old system I ran 2 re mx, and 2 ma audio 2000d, I went to a local shop and had my alt rewound and had 2 kinetic batts a 1800 and 1400. That actually sounded really good and they were set up in a 2006 monte carlo, but I do understand what you mean by letting the power ppl know how much power I will be running then they will be able to tell me exactly what I need.

I took a look at the AQ and the Sundown, I kinda like what I see in the AQ plus it seems like everyone has a Sundown, but with the AQ's would it be safe to run them at .5 if anyone knows. The same for the BTL's as well would it be safe running them at with the amp at .5 dont want blow anything.

I took a look at the AQ and the Sundown, I kinda like what I see in the AQ plus it seems like everyone has a Sundown, but with the AQ's would it be safe to run them at .5 if anyone knows. The same for the BTL's as well would it be safe running them at with the amp at .5 dont want blow anything.

Theres a reason, theyre good

Ive heard yes, if you have the electrical

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread