Sundown Audio

wanna swap out 4 RFt4000s for 2 SD8000!

dblovah51

needed advice. we are now runnin RFt4000s but they arent aggressive enough in the 40hrtz range and i tink that mekin it even more difficult to produce a good score. its a wall with 4 18s btl and our best score is 155.4 at 49hrtz. i feel the amps are the step one problem. any othe4r amp suggestions wpuld appreciate the help!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

what kind of electrical do you have? could be you dont have enough juice for it.. but i know redbaron80 switched from 2 RF4ks to 1 SD8k and gained like 2 whole DB.. but he had the power to back it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

what kind of electrical do you have? could be you dont have enough juice for it.. but i know redbaron80 switched from 2 RF4ks to 1 SD8k and gained like 2 whole DB.. but he had the power to back it

right now we have 8 xspwer d3100s and a mechaman 250 alt< and two runs of power and 2 runs of ground to the battery bank. and i would like to see a whole 2db gain in this swap, those RF produce this aggressive LOW frequency response but that not gonna cut it for the meter bein that the box is tunes to 37hrtz

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Your alt seems to be weak for this power, you need at least another one. IMO

peepwall.gif

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I agree with notorious at least one more alt to keep the batteries from taking a hit, a couple more runs of wire, vcm and maybe tune a bit higher?

i would like to find a bracket to run atleast one more alt. but cant seem to find a bracket anywhere for a 2005 jeep cherokee . if anyone can guide me in the direction id appreciate that and as for the runs of wire yea that will have to increase also but it still doesnt change the way the RF produces its smooth roll off bass. and if i tune it higher it wont be a good daily driver after.

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

i pretty much wanna kno if goin with the SD8000 is a wise idea bein that i will add the extra electricals to support the beast. or is it equal power to the RF and im waastin my time swappin? the wall is tuned to 37hrtz and doesnt really produce in the 40hrtz range to my satisfaction and peakin at 49hrtz i feel there shoulkd b a better score than a 155.4. my blazer does a 156.9 at 41hrtz with the same 4 18s set up and 4 3500 sundown in a no nwall application. so help me out there!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

find a local machine shop or car garage that does custom work and have them build you a bracket if they can. thats if you dont have the tools and skill to make your own like some other ppl do

i personally dont have the skills to do the brackets lol i wish i did cas my blazer is dyin for a brakcet for a while now, but the only guy who can make the bracket for me is hella busy man and kiinda tired of waitin would rather purchasin it from someone like dc or ohio etc.

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41