Sonic Electronix

"" hyperground"" "DIY"homemade"

Ive been looking at doing a "homemade ground kit" or "hyperground" the list i saw on another forum had 8 grounds

1 Battery to firewall.

2 Battery to R strut.

3 Battery to throttle body.

4 Throttle body to head.

5 Head to exhaust.

6 Battery to L strut.

7 L strut to alternator.

8 L strut to distributor.

but wat if u have a truck and dont have struts up front like cars do???? were do i need to put them????

wtf?

Big 3 (I do 4) is all you need.

Battery to frame (ground).

Engine to frame (ground).

Engine to battery (ground, extra insurance if frame contact is or becomes poor).

Battery to alternator (power).

Firewall, struts, throttle body, head, exhaust, alternator, and distributor are all grounded well already being as they are all bolted to each other or the frame quite firmly (i'd hope they are at least).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

that outta turn out a mess of wires lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Screw that, I did the big 3 (soon to be 4) & I picked up about half a volt but more importantly I have more consistent voltage all the time. All that crap about heads, struts; exhaust etc. is overkill.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Those 'hyperground' kits are for people who believe that a 'better' ground will give them more horsepower. Somehow.

Crazy thing is its true that a better ground system will yield more power in terms of torque/hp.

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/hyper-ground-system

Any ground wire 4g or better will work.

:)

lol at anyone who said its overkill. The extra power is somewhat a help for the extra weight of audio equip.

Edit: Besides, most of your guys' motors are a mess anyway. Just saying... :popcorn:

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

I'm willing to bet that review is complete and utter bullshit, and they were paid by the company/importer to print it. You do not gain 9 wheel horsepower (That's probably like 15hp at the flywheel) by adding some shitty bits of wire, unless of course your grounding was a total fuck-up in the first place. Anyone that has spent any time tuning cars will tell you this.

If you could gain that much power just by adding some grounds, don't you think the factory would do it? If a blinged up kit costs you $150 they could probably do it with some black-jacketed boring wire for about $7. The fact is they don't, and it doesn't do shit.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Your opinion is that it is bullshit. Acceptable...

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0308it_1992_eagle_talon/index.html

Read that too about the Hyper Ground System.

Your a non-believer. Its funny how you think they were paid to say all this.

Oh, let's bet whatever on it. I guarantee its true. If you don;t believe this link, go to the DSM Forums and ask around. You'll believe with your Funky Pups. :)

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.