Sonic Electronix

Switching head units in a oldcar?

didnt think of that but thats a good idea if you dont want to cut wires

run new main wires (12v+, ACC, and Ground) then you have the existing stuff untouched and always have the option

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

run new main wires (12v+, ACC, and Ground) to where? I can't figure out which is which

Run new wires from the new deck. run your constant 12v to the battery, switched 12v to the ignition or fusebox, and ground the...ground. then run new speaker wire to the speakers.

But if you really want to hack the factory wiring apart, find the plug that goes where the "1234" is on the pic. 1 is your factory ground ( I'd suggest NOT using this ground though, just ground to some metal behind the dash) 2 is your switched 12v/ignition wire, 3 is illumination/dimmer (if the new deck has it)and 4 is your constant 12v.

#5 would be the power antenna, 6 is the speaker wires, but I'd just run new wire personally.

So, really, I'd say just rewire all of it. That way you are 100% positive it will work. lol Good luck!

Run new wires from the new deck. run your constant 12v to the battery, switched 12v to the ignition or fusebox, and ground the...ground. then run new speaker wire to the speakers.

But if you really want to hack the factory wiring apart, find the plug that goes where the "1234" is on the pic. 1 is your factory ground ( I'd suggest NOT using this ground though, just ground to some metal behind the dash) 2 is your switched 12v/ignition wire, 3 is illumination/dimmer (if the new deck has it)and 4 is your constant 12v.

#5 would be the power antenna, 6 is the speaker wires, but I'd just run new wire personally.

So, really, I'd say just rewire all of it. That way you are 100% positive it will work. lol Good luck!

Thank you everyone. I found it easier to run the newer wires directly. I also disconnected the speaker wire harness from the stock volume knob and reran it behind the head unit and connected the corresponding wires.

The reason I ran the wires direct is because I figured out how to connect the wires with the stock wires but the battery died in the process of doing this and when I recharged the battery the battery wire had no current, only the ignition wire did. Old cars suck LOL