Sonic Electronix

what is a really good 2.5 3 3.5 inch speaker

looking for a small speaker that sounds good and has decent frequency range with clarity. and im looking at small speakers and they are 30 watt 50 watt max handling ... how would i hook those up with out a big kaboom ???

i was looking at these kicker ds350 that are rated 15 watt RMS 30 watt max going to put them at the bottom of the A pillar ... i have a pioneer HU thta pushes 50wattsx4 is that a good speaker ? and could i just hook that up to the HU and it would be loud ?

i was looking at these kicker ds350 that are rated 15 watt RMS 30 watt max going to put them at the bottom of the A pillar ... i have a pioneer HU thta pushes 50wattsx4 is that a good speaker ? and could i just hook that up to the HU and it would be loud ?

doubt your head unit is pushing 50 watts rms.....lucky to get 18 - 20 rms. you should be fine. just keep the bass out of them!

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

doubt your head unit is pushing 50 watts rms.....lucky to get 18 - 20 rms. you should be fine. just keep the bass out of them!

box on radio said 50x4 thats prolly max power tho

box on radio said 50x4 thats prolly max power tho

Yea that's max (mines got 45x4 RMS :P) LOL but I do have the KTP power pack lol

There's this wire that loops and takes the bass out of the current or whatever my friend showed it to me like a year ago that should rid the small speaker of bass

Or if you plug it into the existing wires it shouldn't play low freq right? mine don't and they are stock... (but i do have a high pass set to 80hz on the HU)

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Yea that's max (mines got 45x4 RMS :P) LOL but I do have the KTP power pack lol

There's this wire that loops and takes the bass out of the current or whatever my friend showed it to me like a year ago that should rid the small speaker of bass

Or if you plug it into the existing wires it shouldn't play low freq right? mine don't and they are stock... (but i do have a high pass set to 80hz on the HU)

i have a build in high pass on the radio that i would use but i have it off right now because i have only speakers going from amp and they are set to 125 HPF so if i set the radio to 125 that would take the bass out of the fronts so i should be ok ... this is going to be my first fiber glassing project or how ever i would do this

ok now does anyone know how to make a speaker holder thing ( dont know what they are called lol ) i know how to make the frame with the front mounting rings and the little wood legs for fitting but what do i use to cover it to make it a closed speaker enclosure ?? i see people use this cloth stuff then some rosin ... what is that stuff ?