how much power is enough ?

I have a feeling this is way over the OP's head.

OP - What do you have in your vehicle right now?

4-SS xxx6500's sitting on a temp. amp rack & about 60% of the wall complete no subs,wiring,head unit or any other electronics . thats why i posted this its my next step on the build and i didnt know exactly how much power i needed to back my amps

XXX6500's don't even make 4kw on 12v. Maybe close to 4kw at 14.4v, the ratings on them are bulk lies.

I'd allow for 16kw of output, maybe 75 % efficiency plus some highs amps so I would be budgeting for 22kw worth of dc current.

So roughly 1500A @ 14.4v but that's just ridiculous.

Realistic musical current draw is between 25 and 50% of total, so you're looking at 375-750A sustained.

If you want to bang on it for hours on end, try for 500+A of alternator and 400+ Amp Hours of battery.

2x 250A alts and 5 D3100's would keep it going all day every day, IMO.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

XXX6500's don't even make 4kw on 12v. Maybe close to 4kw at 14.4v, the ratings on them are bulk lies.

I'd allow for 16kw of output, maybe 75 % efficiency plus some highs amps so I would be budgeting for 22kw worth of dc current.

Realistic musical current draw is between 25 and 50% of total, so you're looking at 375-750A sustained.

If you want to bang on it for hours on end, try for 500+A of alternator and 400+ Amp Hours of battery.

OP YOU LISTEN TO THINS MAN... LISTEN TO HIM!!!

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

thank you so much for gettin right to the point .. thats what i needed. it wont be pounded on for hours at a time but maybe 1-2 hrs at half volume with maybe a burb somewhere in there to let my presence be known . thanks again man . i appreciate it ! on the hunt for some POWER :)

Yea, it sounds like this guys knows his electrical stuffs...

I'd go with what he said.

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Im not sure where you got 15K from, but the XXX6500D's do 6500watts @ 1 ohm, so 4 @ 1 ohm = 26,000. So, @ 14Volts you're looking at approximately 1850 amps of current draw...

I thought he had 3 amps. don't know where i got it from.

But as you already know they don't do 6.5kw at 14V. ;)

And with box rise it will be close to 15kw-16kw. ;) (with all 4 amps)

Like Boon just said, 2 250amp alt and 5 batts but i suggested 2 300amp alt and 2-3 batts it would be cheaper i think and more then enough power. :peepwall:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.