How much power?

OK I have a relatively small system, just one kicker L7 and two vibe 6x9's ( I know its small but I'm poor lol)

So what I'm wanting to know is if i run my 600W RMS amp and a kicker 200W RMS amp what size of an alt will I need?

I know you will say I could run this on stock but unfortunately my stock alt is a measly little 55A so I know ill need more due to testing I did with the 600W amp solo.

As far as I have figured out those amps will draw approximately 60-75A. The largest alt I could find for my car was 110A, I would like to know what would be ideal though

Cheers fellas :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Well a 110 would cover it for sure thats what i have and a sprinter battery and i had 1600 on it no problem so anything more then 110 is pretty much overkill unless you plan on upgrading in the near future.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Well a 110 would cover it for sure thats what i have and a sprinter battery and i had 1600 on it no problem so anything more then 110 is pretty much overkill unless you plan on upgrading in the near future.

Cheers mate :)

a 110 amp should be fine. you live in ireland so i dont know if there are many options for you haha.

I know... there is nothing at all useful locally for this kinda stuff but hey. that's what the internet's for tight? :P

291nldv.png

55a?? Holy hell... What's your voltage at with your system playing? Get the 110a alt...

Well I haven't had both in as the kicker amp is on the way atm. but with the 600W amp going solo if I turn it up to 20/30 the voltage jumps around the 12 mark, I turn it down as soon as I see the dreaded 11...

291nldv.png

This will help till ya can get a better alt.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/1...1#ht_1121wt_905

Cheers mate but the batt is not what I'm worried about, the current battery is not too bad but I don't want to run the system off the bat id rather have it at a nice 14+V on the Alt at all times...

291nldv.png

Archived