post your job title

Colin - National Install Team Technician

I install, setup, train, maintain, etc... all the computers and network systems for Bingo Halls. From the very beginning to the very end- planning through completion. Halls all over the country. Lots of flying, lots and lots of driving.

Made it through 4 layoffs so I must be good at it! LOL. I get to meet all kinds of people, and see lots of the country- as long as it is from a bingo hall or through a window. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

That's a good job lol just don't pay to good lol

Partying pays for itself! At the beginning of every month, buy 4 15 gallon kegs, throw a party once a week, one keg per party. You get 160x 12oz beers per keg, charge appropriately.

Also helps to have a big house, non dick-head neighbors, and lots of friends. Or just a college close by.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

I'm Bob. I'm a Network Administrator Level III (at least thats what I think they f*cking call it) at a failed bank. So basically, I'm there for 3 more weeks then I will be working in North Miami as a Senior Network Engineer. Basically the same thing, but unstead of unlocking user accounts for idiots that can't remember their damn passwords, I'll actually be building networks again. Can't wait to roll up my sleeves again.

I worked and lived in Sunrise for a year... Was fun, but finding work was tough. I actually learned what it was like to be discriminated against. I literally had 2 interview I lost the second I said I wasn't Cuban (they actually asked or eluded to it) and my recruiter at the time told me it would be in my best interest to change my name on my resume to Roberto (I can pass for Cuban with a good tan)... I couldn't believe it... Loved partying in Lauderdale, but outside of that... You can have it! ;) I was there in 05 for all the hurricanes which was good motivation to GTFO haha

I know exactly what you mean by "you used to have to know stuff". I've worked with so many "paper" CNE's, MCSE's, etc... that I wouldn't let work on my daughters pc. Bunch of fuck ups. You gotta know computers inside and out, build your own, don't wimp out and buy a dell, that kind of stuff. The IT shop I used to work in, we did it all including punching down our own premise wiring so we made sure it got done right. This past 2 years I've been at a place where all they care about is how many certs you have. Since they were paying I got my MCSE and MCITP/EA, looks good on a resume but thats about it.Good luck working with your friend, thats awesome.

I hear ya, I'm near Detroit so I'm sure you can guess some of the companies I've worked for ;) Years ago I was beat out for a position because the other guy was a liar, had an MCSE & CCNA, with 4 years experience while I had no certs and 12 years experience (the last 2 years of which was experience in what they were trying to accomplish). 3 months later I got a panicked phone call from the one contact I had there that was basically "Our servers went down and he quit!". I headed out there after we agreed on a rate and within an hour or two I had to tell them that they have to send their server for data recovery because it's gone... Long story short it looked like the guy tried adding storage to the array, deleted the existing array, added drives, and recreated it... The problem with this, he thought he could restore the server from the backups... Tape backups... Backups that had been failing (due to a misconfiguration someone did only the system drive was being backed up and that was even incomplete) for 6 months, backup tapes he had been overwriting... He overwrote every single good backup they had.

He basically 100% wiped them out and quit. Long story short they lost so much data that I think they went out of business 6 months later as they couldn't recover. I told them I wanted nothing to do with it. Why would I? I'm not qualified, I don't have certs... One of the things I said in the interview was "I can tell you right off the bat the first thing I would do is add additional servers because having everything on that one server is an accident waiting to happen".... They had email, documents, financials, everything on that server for a company with well over 100 employees...

Call me old fashioned but I never have been a big virtualization fan. Sure it's good in doses, but the whole idea of all of my eggs in one basket doesn't appeal to me. I would never support a network like that, it's not only too high risk, but it's just too damn stressful knowing that one blown anything knocks the whole company out. People don't understand how stressful it can be and I'm still not sure I like being back in the trenches.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived