Second Skin Audio

6th order bandpass????

cyoung1993

yup.

6-th order T-line would be more fun. Maybe i'll build that, or a 3-chamber bandpass..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

hey guys.. i was wondering if any of you have tryed a 6th order bandpass enclosure??

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes6.asp#2

I just tried one for a trunk car with two Phoenix Gold Elite 12d's and a Rockford T1500-bdcp on each clamped and scoped at 1638 watts per sub at 12.7 volts. It was made out of birch and not braced enough. The ports were moving about three inches each. Unloaded the subs and one coil burnt up. My bad though because I knew they weren't braced enough but my builder said it would be fine. Took about 30 seconds of playing. It was tuned with a 32hz low and a 57hz high. Should have just made it out of mdf. Not using that builder anymore. By the time I would have tri layered the birch it would have weighed the same. Might go back to it later buy now I've got some DD 9512's to play with. Looking at the rear loaded horn design for those.

Archived