Sonic Electronix

You need a clamp meter to calculate it. Clamp the power comin out of your amp, from that you can calculate your total impedance. Subtract your nominal impedance, and you have box rise. How do you fight it? Build another box, then another one, then another one, then a couple more, and see which one has the least rise.

Sigh* Just waiting for Boon to chime in.

Haha..you beat me to it

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Well, i suggest you not to clamp your system, you are gonna get all sad hahhaa, clamping results for daily boxes makes you wanna cry, you have a 3500 watts giving you about 2000 real watts if you are lucky, makes you wanna kick yourself on the head! :angry:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well, i suggest you not to clamp your system, you are gonna get all sad hahhaa, clamping results for daily boxes makes you wanna cry, you have a 3500 watts giving you about 2000 real watts if you are lucky, makes you wanna kick yourself on the head! :angry:

This is so true, when I clamped my 2200d I was only getting 450 watts. It was comforting though to know it was doing rated power at that ohm load(4.5 ohms) and I'm doing pretty good numbers for such little power

TDH FTW !!!

yeah, same happened to me with my Cadence C6, 6000 watts @ 1 ohm 16v specs, i had 13v and final impedance was 3.8 ohms, did 2800 watts wich was more than fine for 16v amp at 4 ohms, but it was very sad haha, if you are building a burping machine yes you need to know your real impedance, for daily, i wouldn´t even worry about it :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Thisvis interesting. I've seen posts where claims of larger 45svin enclosures spike the rise.

Are there any conditions to avoid?

I'm off to get bigger amps!!!

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

DD S2b @ 8 ohm per channel

I run high ohn loads for MASSIVE headroom and cleaner SQ

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back