Sundown Audio

ok i just got my dc level 3s rebuilt by jacob with nightshade parts .. and i was tryin to wire them up at 4 ohms just for break in period.. but i ither get a 3.2 reading or ither a 0.8 when i meter the coils on both sets of subs. they read 1.2 what am i doing wrong.

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

i think the coils may be a tad bit below what you purchased to make up for box rise. i wouldnt worry about it. oh, and you dont really need to worry about giving your sub time to break in.. just plug in and start wangin

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

i think the coils may be a tad bit below what you purchased to make up for box rise. i wouldnt worry about it. oh, and you dont really need to worry about giving your sub time to break in.. just plug in and start wangin

how can i tell that they are a lil lower than what i purchased.. and yea imma have a break in period this time.. hince the reason for recone.. haha

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

how can i tell that they are a lil lower than what i purchased.. and yea imma have a break in period this time.. hince the reason for recone.. haha

well when you put a dmm to them, it read 3.2, correct? i assume you purchased 2 ohm coil configuration?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Most coils don't read exactly 1ohm, 2ohm or 4ohm they'll be a tad lower than whats printed but you'll still be fine hooking it up what ever way you want to.

right i understand that have grasp of that concept.. but by my math i should have a 4.4 ohm load. and im gettin a 3.2..

well when you put a dmm to them, it read 3.2, correct? i assume you purchased 2 ohm coil configuration?

noo see thats the crazy part.. i got dual 1 subs..and yea with the dmm they read 3.2 and i went by the wiring digram on the 12volt.com

Edited by THEKINGsBACK

.8 x 4 = ?