Need Help With Spl Box Build!

I am in the planning process of a new box. I already have the subs. Here is a list of the gear going in the truck.

Dual HO alts

0 gauge wire off each alt

4 Kinetik khc 2000 batteries

2 kicker zx2500.1's (give or take 650 watts per sub)

8 kicker solobaric L7 D4 12's

I called Kicker & they gave me their advice on the best possible SPL box for this setup.

3.59 cu ft per sub (28.72 cu ft total)

40 sq inch port, 14.5 inches long (37 hz)

Port demensions h=21.88 w=21.88 d=14.5

Kicker says that shit will beat! So i put the info into term pro & this is what it gives me!

L7D4.jpg

Port.jpg

Box.jpg

I am looking for #'s in the mid to upper 150's. Did i simply import the wrong data? is something wrong with term pro? do i need to change the ohm load to account for a dual voice coil sub? do you guys have any software that comes up with different #'s? I did a build with 6 L7 12's with 2.25 cu ft per sub, 4 ports tuned to 37 hz & hit 150.1! I know these #'s can't be correct. Maybe I am reading this graph wrong? What is that green REL line for & what does it tell you? Do i just need a crash course in term pro? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

For flat out SPL I don't think 40sq in. of port it enough. Do way bigger. I guess from your specs you want a daily driver spl box? one you can play music on? If so I'd make changeable ports with one tuned to 35-37hz and one tuned to 50-60hz

Edited by Audiobahnaholic

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

yeah I was thinking of making interchangable ports. The guy from kicker tech support (Wes) said that I would have the best results for all out SPL with the 37 hz port but I was thinking higher also. I just wanted to make sure I was doing all this correctly.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

If you want to succeed in SPL, quit your box plotter. It won't help you get big numbers. You can use it to get your basic dimensions and specs but the real numbers will come from spending the big hours in the workshop :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

well i thought the point of the $250 software was to help you build a bad ass SPL box! I realize that freeware programs like blaubox or win isd might not give you very acurate results with true SPL readings, but Term Pro has the Term Lab software built into it! I just figured that term pro was the best software out there to give an accurate SPL reading without actually metering the vehichle. Is there sny software out there that will give me a more accurate SPL prediction? I will be getting a meter soon. I guess what you are saying is let the software give me a ballpark box size & just build the box. Then meter it , rebuild it, meter it, until I get the results I am looking for. basically just use the software as a guide, correct?

dj2q.jpg

none that I know of smoke, I would do like 20 cubes after displacement tune the box around 40hz.

the smaller the box the more it will act like a sealed box, and have better cone control, higher power handling.

• 3 weeks later...

hA HAAAAAA ....SORRY... I just saw this. Term pro will give you adifferent result three times if you put the same info in 3 times smoke! I use it but just as a baseline for what I need! It just helps me get going in the right direction!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg