Any still buy US vehicles?

I'm just asking the crowd here in general. I was at MSN Auto liking at different rides and most of the US made vehicles looked poorly made. My mom loves Fords, so everyone in the family has one and they all broken down frequently. I was looking at expeditions and tahoes. If you're itching to spend money on fixing vehicles, buy them. I thought Jeeps were decently built, but they have a lot of problems too. Trucks like the Pathfinder and 4Runner had no problems. I'm personally a fan of midsize sedans. I like Mazdas and the 6 is a fav of mine, but with no high alternator option, that's a no go. I'm not knocking american rides or going by MSN Auto's ratings, but every problem they published is something one of our Fords has been thru.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

i wont buy anything else im driving daily besides a Ford.

besides maybe a escalade, or an srt8 Cherokee thats the only 2 other vehicles i want but will probably never have. :peepwall:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

plenty of people still get american. On the whole they're pretty reliable. Japanese cars are usually cheaper to fix, use less gas, and last longer, but its hard to find big ones or higher power ones. Anything german lasts forever if you have a fat wallet for maintenence (and theyre nicer than everything else), Or you could buy french and have it fall apart on the ride home. Every car has its quirks.

Oh, and I have an s-10 nowadays so im in the american club for the first time in years.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I'll admit, I want the newer model F-150, painted candy blue, on 28"s and with 8 12"s in a blowthru. I just imagine it takes time for Fords to go bad. I heard after 5 years, you start seeing problems.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

I'll admit, I want the newer model F-150, painted candy blue, on 28"s and with 8 12"s in a blowthru. I just imagine it takes time for Fords to go bad. I heard after 5 years, you start seeing problems.

ive had mine for ... almost 3 years now and the truck itself is almost 5 years old. i got it with 32000 on the odometer and now it has 77,500 or so on it. I PUT THIS TRUCK THROUGH HELL!!! ive had it sunk to the doors! 2wd. pedal to the floor pretty much everywhere. ive got a vacuum leak somewhere that is causing my check engine light to come on though :( but it goes on an off :P whatever ... it goes where i need it to.

ive had to replace brake pads and stuff but i pull boats, and cars from time to time as well. the boats get put in saltwater. i have no frame rust, my grandfather has a 05 or so toyota and the entire rear half of the frame is rusted out almost.

EDIT:

local guy has a black one on 30" floaters .. SICK AS FUCK!! no lift, just rolled the fenders.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I like a broad spectrum of cars... but one thing I won't touch is a ford...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I have a Dodge Dakota and a Ford Mustang, brother in law has a Mustang, Mom has a Silverado, sister has a Mazda (still a ford ;)) little brother has a mustang, last time I talked to my dad he had a focus and an f150....All American here lol

Personally, I don't care if I can get 100mpg in a hybrid, I'd rather get 15 in a fun car. I'll take my good ol' V8 muscle car over a Prius every day of the week.

All of my cars have been Ford, GM. or Chrysler (my Eagle Vision) damn I miss that car :(

And I'll just say this

Hubs Dodge Ram in shop 3 times

My Ford Explorer in shop 0 times

Other than for new tires and routine maintenance

Both bought last Nov.

Archived