DylanH Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 I'm gonna be doing 2 15" DC XL's on 4-5k and I was wondering could I just do a bunch of bracing like 2x4's instead of doing a double baffle? I'm using 3/4" MDF http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
TeejayBee Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 Yes you will need it. I had a double baffle on my two 15" T1000's on 3krms and i had to move them twice a month and rescrew them to the baffle
hdorre Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 I'd do both. Those are some heavy, powerful subs and you don't want the top flexing. You don't necessarily NEED the second baffle, but why not add it? It is easy and doesn't take up that much space On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
lil marinette Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 I'm gonna be doing 2 15" DC XL's on 4-5k and I was wondering could I just do a bunch of bracing like 2x4's instead of doing a double baffle? I'm using 3/4" MDF yes i would do a double baffle if i were u flex is a loss of dbz. i have bracing and a double baffle on my set up team NEWSPL Head unit: Valor SD-906W Fujitsu Stylistic Tablet PC Mids/highs: Dual XPA4640, Dual 6x9s, infinty reference 4s Bass: 18 inch DC Level 5 on a Sundown SAZ-3000D Box: 6.5 cubes, interchangeable ports Ports: 8Osq inches @ 32Hz, 96sq inches @ 36Hz Electrical: 3 batteries, 1 mechman 270 amp alt, big 3, all 0 gauge power/ground
memphisBred Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 My box for 1 18" XL was not doubled with three dowels inside, and now I'm going to be using a double baffle and 1 2x4 inside the box for 2 18" XL's. Better off doubling it IMO. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
cmamtower Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 plus if you do a double/triple baffle you can have that clean countersunk look if you want apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too. Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4 Batteries: Kinetik HC 800 Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0 Enclosure: n/a : ( Headunit: Clarion VZ409 Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors Subwoofers: n/a : ( Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol
DylanH Posted October 1, 2010 Author Report Posted October 1, 2010 Okay, thanks for the input. http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL 2002 Chevy Blazer Substage: Shhh, its a secret Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon Amp:MTX 92001 Wire:1/0 Welding cable Electrical:Stock http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you.. Here try this... "Hey hows it going ( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???" Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE) Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
loburbon Posted October 3, 2010 Report Posted October 3, 2010 Is a double baffle strong, yes. is it necessary, no. But with a double baffle you make better use of the bracing you have without having to go crazy with extra bracing. Now for the comment about screws ripping out, that happens with double baffles to. Change your screws and it wouldnt happen, or it wouldnt happen as easy. I use to have the same problem. Now about the comment about counter sinking. You have just contradicted all the statements in this post. You may have a double baffle, but your still mounting in 3/4. SO basiclly its up to you if you want the double baffle or not. Its really a box by box basis. some benefit from it. some dont. But in your case, the double baffle would help due to the shear size and weight of the subs. But if you don't want a double baffle then do some killer bracing and get creative with some internal supports to help hold the subs. 2000 gmc yukon 4 sundown Zv3 15's 4 dd m2a's kenwood kdc-x994 2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000 dual alts. 154@37hz and climbing http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683 http://www.myspace.com/torque150
Ji553r Posted October 3, 2010 Report Posted October 3, 2010 i double baffled my box and i onlyhave 1 15 on 1500 watts! lol prolly not needed but i felt like it I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/
MrSkippyJ Posted October 3, 2010 Report Posted October 3, 2010 Is a double baffle strong, yes. is it necessary, no. But with a double baffle you make better use of the bracing you have without having to go crazy with extra bracing. Now for the comment about screws ripping out, that happens with double baffles to. Change your screws and it wouldnt happen, or it wouldnt happen as easy. I use to have the same problem. Now about the comment about counter sinking. You have just contradicted all the statements in this post. You may have a double baffle, but your still mounting in 3/4. SO basiclly its up to you if you want the double baffle or not. Its really a box by box basis. some benefit from it. some dont. But in your case, the double baffle would help due to the shear size and weight of the subs. But if you don't want a double baffle then do some killer bracing and get creative with some internal supports to help hold the subs. I don't understand why countersinking a sub would diminish the effect of double baffling. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.