Sonic Electronix

Im Not As Loud Anymore....Why?

So yesterday i ripped out my back seat and turned the box around (sub forward port foward now) and now i cant really play anything under 40hz well. before i used to be able to get good response down to 35hz but now its so weak...i cant figure out why. anyone help?

btw its not sealed off. but it IS loud with the door open (louder than before) but alot quieter with windows down

you had a loading wall before, now it takes the waves alot longer before it hits a wall..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i had non-folding rear seats and subs and port back. now theres no rear seats and subs and port facing front. damn...

without sealing it from the trunk the waves and pressure still travel behind the box to the trunk lid, so instead of it all goin in one direction its goin behind it too

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

without sealing it from the trunk the waves and pressure still travel behind the box to the trunk lid, so instead of it all goin in one direction its goin behind it too

it will be MUCH easier for me to seal off the trunk rather than rip everything out again and rewire everything. so if i can do that and end up with better results then i will absolutely do that.

it will be MUCH easier for me to seal off the trunk rather than rip everything out again and rewire everything. so if i can do that and end up with better results then i will absolutely do that.

sealing it forward will make a different sound than sub port back, to me and some others we LOVE it. but yes sealing it compared to how it is now is a world of difference in sound

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

sealing it forward will make a different sound than sub port back, to me and some others we LOVE it. but yes sealing it compared to how it is now is a world of difference in sound

...hmm looks like i have a new project.

I just got finished sealing my XL off from the trunk. It loves 30-40hz but I really don't have a lot of response 41hz and up barely at all honestly. I like it sealed forward but I think to get great performance from it you need quite a bit if power to do it. I'm running a audiopipe 1500 on it and it's just not doing it and I'm looking into a sundown 3000 now. If it sounded better to you how it was I'd do that again. Sealing it off is a kind o permanent thing and do you not plan to put your seats back in? Because if you do that will not benefit doing it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff