Sonic Electronix

I currently have 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a ported box with a 1600 Watt Boss Amp. They're in my 02 Golf GTI 1.8T Hatchback. I am looking to buy one Fi BTL 18 with a Hifonics 2000 Watt Amp that this guy has for sale on craigslist. I have 2 main questions:

1) Will the BTL be much louder than my current setup? That's why I am upgrading.

2) Will the sub still be too underpowered with the 2000W amp or will it be good for daily driving and bumping?

Thanks, and any advice/help is fully appreciated.

For Sure in the right box, electrical the BTL will be louder. The hifonics amp will get it moving but It can handle more tho if you ever wanted it to. The BTL can handle up to and more than 3000 rms daily easy. With the Hifonics amp it depends on the way you wire it to determine how much wattage is going to the btl, either 1 ohm, 2 ohm, etc.

For Sure in the right box, electrical the BTL will be louder. The hifonics amp will get it moving but It can handle more tho if you ever wanted it to. The BTL can handle up to and more than 3000 rms daily easy. With the Hifonics amp it depends on the way you wire it to determine how much wattage is going to the btl, either 1 ohm, 2 ohm, etc.

I agree with EVERYTHING he said

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Well do you think it would be worth it to get a 3000 Watt Amp or stick with the 2000 Watt Amp? He's selling the whole setup (sub box amp battery) for only $600 and as long as nothing is wrong with it, that's a damn good deal. Could you link me to a good 3k watt amp that I would be able to purchase online? Once I sell my Alpines, I'll have over $450 to spend on an amp.

I'd get the 3K amp, it's always better to have more than not enough. Good luck finding a 3K amp for $450

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

This will give you enough time to save and sell the alpines http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

What about this Audiopipe 3k Watt Amp? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/1977100257.html

or a 3000W Hifonics Brutus Amp?

Why buy a ferrari and use Douglas tires? That Audiopipe and Hifonics amps are pieces of shit....go with the Crescendo amp, its the EXACT same amp as the Sundown 3000d... do it right or dont do it at all

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Why buy a ferrari and use Douglas tires? That Audiopipe and Hifonics amps are pieces of shit....go with the Crescendo amp, its the EXACT same amp as the Sundown 3000d... do it right or dont do it at all

Well what would you say about this Hifonics 2500W Amp? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22704_Hifonics+HFi2500D.html

It's definitely in my price range and I really don't want to wait until November to buy an amp.

And if I had enough money, would you recommend getting a Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D Amp?

Edited by soothsa

if you had the money ya Sundown but the Crescendo is pretty much the same Amp with a different cooling system if i can recall correctly...

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'