Sonic Electronix

ahh okay:) im out of a job atm so i got nothing coming in:P gotta make do i suppose:) think when i do get the cash flowin again im gunna get 2 re 15's:) piss off them stupid student neighbours:) i solved the problem for the time being, i widened the port to 2.5 inches more low and more excursion:) anybody know a good place to buy good quality subs for cheap? thanks

theres more to tuning a box than just making the port wider. you have to take all things into consideration like the box size changes, the tuning, the length of the port. etc.

just trying to make a point that its a tad more complicated than you may think it is.

theres more to tuning a box than just making the port wider. you have to take all things into consideration like the box size changes, the tuning, the length of the port. etc.

just trying to make a point that its a tad more complicated than you may think it is.

haha yeah i knowXD its just the port i made was too small and the sub couldn't move properly so now its wider it has more movement, the bass isent all that bad tho, makes my cupboards shake, would it be worth investing in a professionally built box?

haha yeah i knowXD its just the port i made was too small and the sub couldn't move properly so now its wider it has more movement, the bass isent all that bad tho, makes my cupboards shake, would it be worth investing in a professionally built box?

You make the port wider and it will tune it higher, and decrease box volume, which causes a bunch of other stuff.

How long will it take you to get the moneyfor an upgrade? Because I'd say, new subs and box and amp at the same time.

Also, if you can build a box ok you only need someone to design one properly.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You make the port wider and it will tune it higher, and decrease box volume, which causes a bunch of other stuff.

How long will it take you to get the moneyfor an upgrade? Because I'd say, new subs and box and amp at the same time.

Also, if you can build a box ok you only need someone to design one properly.

i dont realy know, im thinking of getting 2 12" and running them seperatly at 8ohm from a stereo amp, i worked it out for about £400 for the whole lot(good components) when i get a job ill have it sorted within 2 weeks, plus i cant realy find anybody to design a box for me:P

what happens if you use wrong wire? like too big wire

18-20 gauge don't seem to be that big to me. You're using a class a/b amp so i don't think it that efficient that d

I blew a type-r and am only running one... I blew two type-r's before but that's completely different cause I had an improperly-tuned pre-fab box, and I knew nothing about gains. This time I just straight up abused it on purpose, it handled a LOT for almost 1.5 years. Now running it in a dual-chambered box.

And 1 type-r @ 500w RMS is fucking loud considering the box is to specs and my trunk/front door/rear deck is covered in dynamat.

Make sure your RCA's aren't loose where you plug em in. Are there any kinks in the wire that look like they could short? Also make sure all of your connections are proper. Inspect the ground thoroughly.

Did you tune your gains properly? I recommend using Decaf's 40hz tune in the Tunes section.

There's a lot of factors but more importantly, it's the tuning, preout voltage, and connections that make the biggest difference. Another huge difference, on top of everything, is the quality of your music. Hopefully it's not clipping. Check this with Audacity.

And btw there's no such thing as using too big of wire. All it does it lower the resistance which allows more consistent voltage.

If you're sending a wire 25 AC Volts, for example, with a smaller wire it may not handle all of it consistently. With a larger wire it will handle anything and THEN some, but at the end of the day you're still sending the same amount of power. This HELPS the amp. Amps love clean, consistent power. Sound quality will be optimal if you follow the Wiring Guide found on the forums.

Lastly.. lets just say you're sending 25 AC Volts (measured at the speaker outputs) to your subs. And you have sub-optimal speaker wire, the resistance will be HIGHER. Let's just say your setup is 2ohms. If you measure the resistance of the speaker wire that runs from the amp, you might end up getting 2.5ohms which has a higher resistance and therefore sending less power to the sub...

Having wire either exactly OR too big for the amp is optimal. That way your resistance is as low as possible and you're gettin the most out of your sub/s. Does this mean the resistance will drop below 2ohms? Fuck no that's decided by the Voice Coils.

Archived