I take the pill form. I only take it at night cause I am also on thyroid hormone and the two counter act (Levoxyl also lowers your blood sugar) I take my thyroid pill in the morning.

I am sure you have been to a dietitian about your diabetes. Now I just went to a class a few weeks ago (still fresh).

The woman and it also states on the paper that anything below 70 is too low. (no matter your target number).

Now my question to yall is did your number decrease?

Like before I was on meds my number would be between 72-68 when I would start to get the shakes, sweating, irritable ect

Now for the past 2 almost 3 yrs I've been on Metformin I've noticed that my (bad feeling) number has gotten lower and lower.

First it was lower to mid 60's and now its in the 50's. And my warning signs have like seriously decreased.

Like just a lil while ago (well hour ago) I didnt have the normal signs of Im bottoming out. I just had a naggin tummy wants food, and I feel like I'm about to black out.

I test and it's 54!!!!

I know I have the potential for being a diabetic I'm doomed on mother and fathers side. But I also have a NON-WORKING thyroid. That lil bitty thyroid controls a lot of body functions. (Endocrine, Metabolism, fertility, organ function ect...)

I honestly feel like they need to worry more about getting the right amount of thyroid hormone than worry about the diabetes right now. You know balance one out and the other will too.

What do yall think?

as far as the number is concerned...by "BOOK" 8o-120 is considered "within normal range" anything higher. or lower is called a medical emergency. The brain needs 2 main things to operate, sugars and o2, if either of those falter, you can become VERY combative, and not mean too... brains are weird! I run 10-15 diabetic calls each week. Very common for me to have a pt with a blood sugar of 40-50 and UNCONSCIOUS (different people tolerate low blood sugar differently.) I'll get a 18ga IV started, push D50...wait about 30 seconds, pt becomes 100% CAOx4. Check there blood sugar and it will read 300+, tell them to eat a substantial meal ASAP, as D50 wears off fast, and they sign a refusal notice as there is no longer a medical emergency to they think justifies going to the ER. All im saying is people tolerate low blood sugar differently. You are completely concious with a reading of 56 I think you said, but I've had pt's with a reading in the 50's and were completely unconscious.... if you feel "Normal" in the 60's your metabolism has compensated for it, and that will be your norm.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

My mothers a diabetic, Ive saved he life more than once...

Ive seen her still coherent at 28 and still been able to get her to take a shot of some juice to raise it... Everyone is different. But ive been noticing that with her getting older, her sugar levels spike from one extreem to the other if she isnt on top of it. She has the insulin pump, and needs to regularly adjust the increments according to what she eats...

So i guess ya, Levels do go lower than the "Norm"

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

also, forgot to say, I ran a 70+y/o pt the other day with a blood sugar in the 40's....he kicked my ass in the house! He was swinging his arms, cursing like a sailor, kicking his feet, etc.... wife on scene states he never, never, never acts like that. We secured him down to a LONG BOARD, with straps, pushed D50, BAMMMMM!! He ended up being one of the nicest pt's i've ever had! The brain is very stubborn when it comes to low sugar....

I am a type 1 diabetic, have been since age 4. your "panic" level will drop lower depending on where your norm is. eighty to 120 is the "perfect" number, but myself i stay in the 110-150 range most of the time, and when i drop below 70 or so i start to get the shakes, sweat, bad attitude and etc... But if i were to get my average down to say 100, it would have to drop to 50 or so before the warning signs take effect, this is simply because your level changed constantly throughout the day, up and down, so you body learns its limits. Even if it is unsafe to be at 70, your body will get used to it if its there enough. does this make sense?

I've been through a lot with my diabetes. If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to pm me, id be glad to offer my help :good:

Edited by superdave07

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

also, forgot to say, I ran a 70+y/o pt the other day with a blood sugar in the 40's....he kicked my ass in the house! He was swinging his arms, cursing like a sailor, kicking his feet, etc.... wife on scene states he never, never, never acts like that. We secured him down to a LONG BOARD, with straps, pushed D50, BAMMMMM!! He ended up being one of the nicest pt's i've ever had! The brain is very stubborn when it comes to low sugar....

i can agree with you here, Ive had several low spells over the years, even pronounced dead on the scene from a flu shot a few years back. And i can tell you when my blood sugar begins to fall, i tend to be a super happy nice person, like a drunk person you are helping to the bathroom lol. But when it gets too low, i get violent and hard to handle, ive actually punched my brother in the face for trying to help me before, sometimes you black out and cannot control your body, so if you have a friend or relative who is diabetic, just be sensitive to their situation. It may end up saving their life...

I like to see this thread, makes me feel good to know im not alone out there...

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

i can agree with you here, Ive had several low spells over the years, even pronounced dead on the scene from a flu shot a few years back. And i can tell you when my blood sugar begins to fall, i tend to be a super happy nice person, like a drunk person you are helping to the bathroom lol. But when it gets too low, i get violent and hard to handle, ive actually punched my brother in the face for trying to help me before, sometimes you black out and cannot control your body, so if you have a friend or relative who is diabetic, just be sensitive to their situation. It may end up saving their life...

I like to see this thread, makes me feel good to know im not alone out there...

you are MOST DEFINETLY not alone out there. Diabetes (type 1 or 2) is SOOOOOOO common, you know this! A few medicine courses i've been too lately shows many new drugs coming out to really make it a harmless "past medical history" The future holds some great advances for ya'll :yahoo:

Type 1 diabetic here, have been for about 7 years.

I was sleeping all the time and drinking A LOT of water. My aunt finally decided to test my sugar out one day to see if it was okay, I pulled off like a 765 or something. By the time they got me to the hospital and got me all hooked up to all the stuff my sugar level was about 800 something. I took shots for about 5 of those years, rest of them I have been living on the medtronic pump, I love the thing.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I have a huge family history of diabetes, adn I am about 75% positive to have it as i get older.....My sugar is normal around 79...so you tell me...everyone has there low end and ther high end...you cant say everyone has a garunteed low end.....

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos