Sonic Electronix

Throwing a bunch of nicely marketed grouped products in your car isn't what some would consider to be a SQ designed system.

When you get into the SQ side of things, you are looking for the perfection of all sound reproduction. At the listening position, you are looking to have a sound stage with a great height, width, and depth while being warm and vibrant. Spend some time at a live non amplified concert and pay attention of how the sounds fills the room as well as how you interpret it. the work on trying to reproduce that experience in your car.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Throwing a bunch of nicely marketed grouped products in your car isn't what some would consider to be a SQ designed system.

When you get into the SQ side of things, you are looking for the perfection of all sound reproduction. At the listening position, you are looking to have a sound stage with a great height, width, and depth while being warm and vibrant. Spend some time at a live non amplified concert and pay attention of how the sounds fills the room as well as how you interpret it. the work on trying to reproduce that experience in your car.

This is a good statement.

Realistic reproduction is what SQ's goal is.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I liked this answer

until you sit in a car competently set up for sq and know what to look for, you would never understand what everyone is going on about.

Your definition of SQ might just be that it doesnt sound like garbage. Others think it meant you spent alot on high end equipment.

Those in the know realize its more about faithfully reproducing the music as it was recorded, no "coloration" from overpowered subs or overly sensitive tweeters, no distortion, no clipping, no static or background noises. The people at the top levels just want to go a step farther, they worry about staging and imaging. In a car that's set up right, you can tell where the singer is standing relative to the rest of the band, which way the guy with the trumpet is looking, whether the drummer has his snare on the right or the left, etc. Its stunning to listen to well recorded music on a properly set up system and realize "holy shit! that guy on the horn walked across the stage while they were recording?" or the fact that the drums were in a different position than the previous track. You can literally tell where everything is, you don't hear a speaker at all, all you hear is sound coming from fucking thin air, and thats sq

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

This is a good statement.

Realistic reproduction is what SQ's goal is.

Thats what im getting at, with Pioneer stage 4 systems you get realistic high SQ reproduction. Im not saying that their the best but they definitely are one of them with the stage 4.

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

well throwing some dual audios in ur car in a nicely designed system isnt gonna give you SQ

I know you would be shocked after listening to a properly set up system, that has less then ideal product.

I know of a few systems that have way less then the money in them then what those duals cost, that hang just as well with systems costing thousands of dollars.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)