Just bought a new car! Anyone familiar with L67s and M90 Blowers?

well new to me.. Just gonna be kind of a fun project car, that is something different from all the rice we see around here

Done so far:

Coolant elbow

LIM gasket

sc gasket

valve cover gaskets

sc oil change

new plugs ( autolite 605 )

Oil change - Mobile 1 -

So everything is sealed up again and not leaking ( Lower intake was leaking as well as the coolant elbows, which is very common on these )

Going in next week for:

Trans filter/ flush and Intense Racing ( Accumulator ) shift kit

New HD Axles

And the following week, considering all goes well at the tranny shop heres the Mod list..

Then the mods for the following week are

PCM

Fenderwell intake

180* stat

Autolite 104s

TB Spacer

ZZP 3.3 Modular Pulley setup

ZZP Stainless Coated Headers ( 1.75 primaries , 3" out )

TOG 3" Downpipe,

Custom 3" exhaust no cat, no res

CASE Learn

and a custom HP tuners tune if I can find anyone local

Only gauge Ill need for now is this

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_order_gm.htmlhttp://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_order_gm.html

Do a little KR check and hopefully all is well..

Paid $3500 for the car, Ill have about $2,500 in mods ( upkeep and the gasket repairs ) and will hopefully have a nice fun little roadtrip cruiser :)

029.jpg

041.jpg

032.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

016.jpg

Edited by hzsogood

Check my sig :) mine is a top swap. Pulls easily on mustang gt's and lt1 camaros... Ls1 are a different story :(

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I thought when you went to 1.9 rockers you needed LS6 valve springs as well..??

Depends... If you use ls6 springs I would change your timing chain and tensioner also. I didn't want to do timing chain at this point so i'm running stock springs and get a little valve float at higher rpms... So I'm losing a little power. The new preferred springs are the L76 springs, they seem to be what everyone is running now

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Hmm. I'll have to check. I talked to zoomer at ZZP and he guaranteed no float no kr issues and safer in the heads. I've never worried about timing advance with the addition of valve springs. So I'm 99.9% sure timing is not an issue. At the point where you add a cam you might wanna change your chain. Who told you timing gets goofy under a new set of valves?

Hmm. I'll have to check. I talked to zoomer at ZZP and he guaranteed no float no kr issues and safer in the heads. I've never worried about timing advance with the addition of valve springs. So I'm 99.9% sure timing is not an issue. At the point where you add a cam you might wanna change your chain. Who told you timing gets goofy under a new set of valves?

I never said anything about timing getting goofy. And I never said anything about new valves? My car had 110,000miles on it when I did the rockers, if I put LS6 springs(hell I had a set of yellow ls6 springs and manley retainers ready to go) in the added strain to the timing chain would DRAMATICALLY shorten it's life, along with the plastic tensioner. That is what I was talking about. Sorry if my previous post was confusing you.

I know you mentioned KR... how far are you planning on going(as in what size pulley)?

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

I thought you were pulling timing. That's what I got our of it. And as far as I know ,without valve springs and a stock cam you could only go to a 1.80 or 1.84 rocker..??

Anywho. I'm not sure on mods yet since the car has 160k miles and I dunno if I wanna dump alot internally with cams and timing so I might just work on the top end a bit otherwise it's just gonna get way to expensive when you get into cams and heads , which sucks because that's were all the power lies.

But as for my mods. Mist are in my original post. I'm gonna try a 3.3 pulley then see where my kr is at. Headers will give me a huge advantage as they will allow me to drop .2-.3 in pulley size alone.