Second Skin Audio

Help a noob that failed

Ok so im totally new to systems and all and when building my box toady i got the wrong board i didn't get MDF boar i got particle board under-laminate. yes i know its not the right stuff now but i have the box built already double on the wall were the subs will be. So what should i do try it and see what happens. take a hammer to it to relieve stress and go get the right board?

thanks jake

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

I would get 3/4 inch MDF and start over. However it would be fun to try out the particle board and see how it sounds. You might be completely happy with it. What subs are you putting in it?

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Ok so im totally new to systems and all and when building my box toady i got the wrong board i didn't get MDF boar i got particle board under-laminate. yes i know its not the right stuff now but i have the box built already double on the wall were the subs will be. So what should i do try it and see what happens. take a hammer to it to relieve stress and go get the right board?

thanks jake

well if you arent running anything too crazy as far as subs and power i suppose it may get you by for a bit but def remake in mdf when you can.

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

If its double walled like you said there shouldnt be a problem with it. It might make for a badass video if it explodes when the L7's start hitting! lol Might be a good Idea to use a paint type sealer on it to add to the durability something can be found at lowes in the paint section Im sure.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

yea i guess ill try it once i get the rest of my stuff and if it blows up hopefully ill be recording it lol.

and if it sounds like crap then ill go get mdf board thanks for all the fast reply s.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

When trying a new idea for a box, I always build it out of particle board first, it's so cheap it's practically disposable. at $15 to build an experimental box to see if you actually like the design, why not? If I decide I like it, I build it out of MDF or Birch Plywood. just think, you'll know if you want it tuned at that frequency or not, or if it needs more or less box volume, or more or less port.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

When trying a new idea for a box, I always build it out of particle board first, it's so cheap it's practically disposable. at $15 to build an experimental box to see if you actually like the design, why not? If I decide I like it, I build it out of MDF or Birch Plywood. just think, you'll know if you want it tuned at that frequency or not, or if it needs more or less box volume, or more or less port.

^^^Good idea

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg