Second Skin Audio

did i just fry my magnet?

rasic

gain was a little less then half way, so was sensitivity

umm... those are the same thing. you mean gain and bass boost?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

'looks normal'

Heh. That made me smile. As has been said a ton of times already, that's crispy-fried-toasty-well-done-char-grilled.

And no, you can't fry a magnet. As the guy above said if you heat neo mags up a lot they lose some strength but the Icon sure as hell isn't a neo motor.

Alright! Physics type question! All magnets fail at some temperature, depending upon the material, I think it's called the curry point or something. But, has this ever in the existence of subwoofers happened? Or would it be more realistic for the VC to fry? Also, I don't know but I think once it cools back down it regains it's magnetic field?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

dont think you can fry the magnet, and ill say it agian, that VC is toast. It looks as dark as I like my steaks and burgers

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

dont think you can fry the magnet, and ill say it agian, that VC is toast. It looks as dark as I like my steaks and burgers

i have read aboout people haveing thier magnets shot, idk what thats about though. yeah im not going to use it. im going to get a recone for it, my other one already is getting a recone waiting for it to send back

system:

changes way to much...

Alright! Physics type question! All magnets fail at some temperature, depending upon the material, I think it's called the curry point or something. But, has this ever in the existence of subwoofers happened? Or would it be more realistic for the VC to fry? Also, I don't know but I think once it cools back down it regains it's magnetic field?

I think some of the early neo motor subs had issues with it when they were using really densely packed motors, mostly in SPL applications where power (and hence heat) were a lot higher than normal use.

Modern ones tend to use a pillar design which has such epic amounts of airflow that I doubt it's a problem any more.

The Curie temperature of neodymium is 320C which I suspect you would hit if you killed a sub real good. Most voicecoils are designed to operate up to some pretty crazy temperatures.

For example this Selenium 18" Pro sub (http://www.audiolabga.com/pdf/18SWS1000.pdf) has a maximum voicecoil temperature of exactly 320C so it wouldn't surprise me if a dieing SPL woofer could generate a lot more than that.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived