Sonic Electronix

i was reading my MECP study guide and i came across a section that says to use a polarity test tool to check speaker polarity and that it is much safer than trying to "pop" speakers with a battery... what does that mean to "pop" a speaker with a battery ?

taking a 9 volt batt, and putting + to + and - to -, it makes a popping noise wile the sub goes up slightly, if you reverse the battery it goes in also making the popping sound

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Popping a speaker is when you put too much air in it, it can't handle it and burst. Pretty much just like a balloon.

/sarcasm. What he said ^ exactly.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

is that bad for a speaker or does MECP recommend a tool because they are strictly by the book and safety nuts ?

Popping a speaker is when you put too much air in it, it can't handle it and burst. Pretty much just like a balloon.

Hahahahahahhahahha lmfao thats so funny

If you don't have a clue don't post

Freshman has it right but I have yet to damage speaker while pop testing it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I know but freshman already answered. Just saw the topic and had to post dump. Lol. It's really not that bad to do if you have to. It's only 9volts with hardly any amperage. Ever put a 9v on your tongue? It's not going to do much. Just enough to notice something going on.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Hahahahahahhahahha lmfao thats so funny

If you don't have a clue don't post

Freshman has it right but I have yet to damage speaker while pop testing it

lol a bad joke just got the smack down.

i dont see why people think there is anything wrong with using a 9v. i do it all the time and ive never seen anything bad come of it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok thanks and another question ... how can you use a dmm to find the ohm of your voice coil ?

ok thanks and another question ... how can you use a dmm to find the ohm of your voice coil ?

lol, yes you can, set it to ohms, and itll show you roughly what it is, if there 1ohm coils and it shows up like 5ohms its blown

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

lol, yes you can, set it to ohms, and itll show you roughly what it is, if there 1ohm coils and it shows up like 5ohms its blown

where do i put the little probe things, on the vc ?