Possible Cone Area Challenge

Well there is a van in Europe with 160 woofers I think.

I think that these historical vehicles that not many people know about can inspire some to build bigger nowadays.

Beast from da East is putting 8) 21s" Pyles in his truck. Thats about 2770 sq inches of cone area. Not too bad. You can have some competition there.

Alot of people wanna go big, and I am sure some are out there, they just have to show themselves.

that was the whole point of this whole idea is to bring people out or even start new people into this idea. back in the day it was all about using massive ammounts of woofers. if it catches on it means better business for companies because more is being spent on a single system. doesnt need to be the best quality so the person with the most money isnt always gonna win. i think its a cool idea and i wasnt even the first one to think of it.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

that was the whole point of this whole idea is to bring people out or even start new people into this idea. back in the day it was all about using massive ammounts of woofers. if it catches on it means better business for companies because more is being spent on a single system. doesnt need to be the best quality so the person with the most money isnt always gonna win. i think its a cool idea and i wasnt even the first one to think of it.

Yeah, the challenge of getting loud with less has been done and has been shown to be easier. Now let have a challenge of getting loud with More.

I would certainly be up for supporting this. Heck, If I couldnt compete, I'd volunteer to be a judge.

I can think of a few ways to refine the idea and make it a nationwide competition.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

:peepwall:

ogaaam1n5n5ymh0gmoozemv.jpg

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

I'd do a big system if I could, but my member title says it all ;)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

haha, that's awesome, I wanted to do a bus with an octagon tunnel, with the floor being the bottom of the octagon and the top being empty so you can walk down it, with 12 rows of 18s, and have them be isobaric, so in essence to have 144 18s. oh, if I had the money :trippy:

But seriously, I think it's a cool idea, I wanted to get into competing but everything has been so watered down then dried out these days that it's no fun. That and everyone is too serious about their competition, no one can have a friendly rivalry anymore.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived