Possible Cone Area Challenge

original post was made on CACO after i was talking about being king of cone area. so some thoughts have been thrown around and im gonna post mine here.

original post - http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57649

now my suggestions/thoughts.

i have a possible suggestion on how it could be run. these are just my thoughts and ideas using other organizations ideas.

i think the majority of the competition should be based off how much cone area you actually have. the more the better but also put in effect how loud and how low you peak as well.

i think that 2 meters should be used to measure 2 different areas of your cabin and then take the average. say you meter louder at the headrest. you can choose to meter there with one meter and choose either the dash db drag style or in the kick. so you have 2 places in your vehicle you meter from at the same time. based on how psychlone works i like the idea of 30 sec of music playing as loud and as low as you possibly can. but a change would be that you cant actually open a door in this event. just windows like you would do daily driving. nobody drives around with their door hanging open.

Cone area points - every 100 sq in of cone area you get 1 point. will round up no matter what. say you have 298 sq in you would get 3 points as if you had 300 sq in. if you have less than 100 sq in of cone area you are gaurenteed 1 point.

(example- my truck has 3769 sq in of cone area so it would score 38 points)

spl/music average - 30 sec straight of any song you want with anything you want to use. usb/cd doesnt matter. you can modify it by slowing it down but not to the extent of making a solid sin wave. Decafs music would be perfect for this event. you will have your 2 sensors in whatever spot you want them (dash,kick,headrest). play your 30 sec and take your average between the 2 meters. every db above 130 you receive a point.

(example - my truck might average 152 on one meter and 154 on the other. take the average of 153db. thats 23 db above 130 so that would mean - 23 points)

Points for low freqs - i like the idea on psyclone and how they score their points. you take your peak frequencies from both meters and average them. then you score a point for every freq you are under 80hz.

(example - my truck might peak at 32hz on one meter and 34hz on the other meter. take the average of 33hz which would score me 47 points)

cone area - 38

spl - 23

freq - 47

total - 108 points.

as far as classes go i think there should only be a few so it doesnt get out of hand like db drag. i think the ideas of doing it by the type of vehicles would be cool because we would see some badass builds in smaller vehicles with tons of cone area.

classes -

car

modified car (wall)above window line string test

truck

modified truck (wall)above window line string test

van

modified van (wall)above windowline string test

suv/wagon

modified suv/wagon (wall)above window line string test

thats just some thought i have put into it while i was at work today.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

There have been several people called king of Cone Area.

Randy Kubek

Team Xmax who had 96 10s

Sam Horn who put 120 15s in an Armored Truck.

None currently have a setup they can contend with. So who else would join in?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

the point would be to get more people to build large stereos again. obviously nobody is gonna touch the armored trucks cone area but those guys arent around anymore so try to get new blood. doesnt matter the quality of speaker or anything. hell put 100 10" pyles in a vehicle u will score well on the cone area side. maybe not well on spl side but with a good enclosure you might do well on the frequency side. tons of variables out there.

there are a few people talking about doing some large builds.

seein someone runnin an absurd amount of stupid cheap subs and payin at a really low freq but comin up short on the spl portion and still comin out on top would defintely suck to see happen

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

More info please

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Team Xmax who had 96 10s

sounds like a ton of cancellation.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

seein someone runnin an absurd amount of stupid cheap subs and payin at a really low freq but comin up short on the spl portion and still comin out on top would defintely suck to see happen

which means who ever loses to them should have had more cone area. or been louder or played lower. the point is to see more big builds out there. its not exciting when you go to shows and see a few 12s or a pair of 15s. or hell even a pair of 18s anymore. people enjoy seeing crazy builds its what interests people.

which means who ever loses to them should have had more cone area. or been louder or played lower. the point is to see more big builds out there. its not exciting when you go to shows and see a few 12s or a pair of 15s. or hell even a pair of 18s anymore. people enjoy seeing crazy builds its what interests people.

i guess thats true

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

the point would be to get more people to build large stereos again. obviously nobody is gonna touch the armored trucks cone area but those guys arent around anymore so try to get new blood. doesnt matter the quality of speaker or anything. hell put 100 10" pyles in a vehicle u will score well on the cone area side. maybe not well on spl side but with a good enclosure you might do well on the frequency side. tons of variables out there.

there are a few people talking about doing some large builds.

Well there is a van in Europe with 160 woofers I think.

I think that these historical vehicles that not many people know about can inspire some to build bigger nowadays.

Beast from da East is putting 8) 21s" Pyles in his truck. Thats about 2770 sq inches of cone area. Not too bad. You can have some competition there.

Alot of people wanna go big, and I am sure some are out there, they just have to show themselves.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

More info please

It was the Boss Cannon, a demo/SPL truck He built for Boss Audio in the 90s. Only info I can find is when it had 64 12s.

He also built the Equalizer which was a stretched S-10 with massive amount of woofers.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist