Sonic Electronix

This is Stupid but I want to try it...

dude listen, you were told 3 times by some who knows how to do stuff.

you can not do what you are trying to do

the only way you could possibly get it even close to working is by doing sq and figuring out the crossovers and using amps that can support the ohm load you have

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

just wire the front highs up to the front channel of the kicker

wire the dual 1ohm sub into a series and use the rear channel bridged with the low pass xover on, 2ohm load on a dual 1ohm

Now was that so hard everyone? but oh yeah appearently I couldnt do it in the first place... Bridging 2 channels will be the same as running two subs bridged on each 2 channels right? thats what I was thinking but I wasnt sure. Im not arguing with anyone lmao regaurdless of how much he knows its not hard to figure out that this is indeed possible I just dont know the wiring confirguration.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Why would I sell my 4 channel powering my door speakers? and the 15" which ISNT mine to upgrade a system which is already inadequate electrical wise? Doesn't sound like its for me. Explain how my friend hooked two Dual 2 OHM woofers upto this amplifier then on each 2 channel bridged?

Why would you want to use your 4ch door speaker amp for your subs if its meant for your door speakers?

And why didnt you say the sub isnt yours? I forgot to read your mind.

Listen, I am trying to give you some advice that you asked for, and you are hearing what you dont wanna hear.

A 4channel amp is 2ohm stable each channel. When you bridge 2 channels, they are 4ohm stable.

So you can have 4) 2ohm channels or 2) 4ohm channels.

You have a D1 sub that can be 2) 1ohm loads, or 1) 2ohm load, or even 1) .5ohm load.

So the only safe combo is to have the woofer coils in series to 2ohms hooked to one channel of the 4channel amp.

If the remaining 3channels have no load, they can be damaged.

using 2) D2 subs or even 1) D2 sub is a whole different scenerio.

What works in some cases, doesnt work for all cases.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

How can other channels be damaged if they arent used that makes no sense? im only using 2 of the 4 channels on speakers right now lol. And why did SmokeumTires say to bridge in Series and you're telling me I cant, two different stories here. Instead of telling me I cant do something explain why and I might put more thought into not trying to achieve it. please explain why my channels would be messed up.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Honestly

Ive done it before on a kicker 350.4 i ran 2 6x9s on the front channel and a little 8" dual 4ohm sub parallel'd to 2ohm and had no problems.... of coarse gains were set conservitavely and it wasnt for spl purposes.

But ED knows his shit, i know why hes saying no, he dont want you to fry your shit, thats all.

So stop bein so defensive and just realize that all eds tryin to do is give you a Professional answer.

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

How can other channels be damaged if they arent used that makes no sense? im only using 2 of the 4 channels on speakers right now lol. And why did SmokeumTires say to bridge in Series and you're telling me I cant, two different stories here. Instead of telling me I cant do something explain why and I might put more thought into not trying to achieve it. please explain why my channels would be messed up.

The way smokey said to do would have a 2ohm mono load on your 4ohm stable bridged channels.

And the short answer as to why the channels with no load may get damaged is because the rail voltage builds up excessively, with no discharge this can damage devices that are not capable of handling this voltage for extended periods of time.

It may not be damaged, but it makes it very possible.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Honestly

Ive done it before on a kicker 350.4 i ran 2 6x9s on the front channel and a little 8" dual 4ohm sub parallel'd to 2ohm and had no problems.... of coarse gains were set conservitavely and it wasnt for spl purposes.

But ED knows his shit, i know why hes saying no, he dont want you to fry your shit, thats all.

So stop bein so defensive and just realize that all eds tryin to do is give you a Professional answer.

Yes, thank you.

Just like when dudes ask me if they can put a 2000w rms sub to a 2500w amp, I say No.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Im not defensive man and I take all criticism and advice but I hate people that just say you cant do something with no explination... Im going to go ahead and try it since I know its feasable Ive never heard of unused channels blowing like that but then again I dont know everything sooo... I guess we'll see and im not doing this for big numbers and im not doing it daily I just want to throw it all ina nd see what I can do. I think it'll be fun and last time it did it I got a huge amount of db increase and air movement. its not like im going to crank the Kicker up I just want the extra couple hundred watts/cone area and see what difference it makes. Sorry if I came off as a dick but I know my shit I like to "push" the limits.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga