Yes that is what I have been hearing.....the back is fairly up front with the exception of the bump stops.....the front I have a couple of different options....I.e. shockwaves, lowered control arms and drop spindles......or bag it up front......I am leaning toward the bag it upfront idea.......yes the truck does have torsion bars up front which will come out

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I'm guessing yours has the hd suspesion package or something... The one I helped bag had almost the same suspension as my 2wd silvy, coil spring front with no torsion barsand regular leaf spring rear

And to tuck on my truck 22x9.5s have to have 34+ offset or they won't work, would imagine it to be Very similar with yours... There are Chevy full size forums that have a TON of info on these things

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Pics

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 99 suburban that im bagging on 24's. its 4wd though.

i'd recommend slam specialties ss7's or ss8's all around. your choice

i'd recommend the viair 444 dual pack unless you already ordered the 480's.

do a 4 link in the rear and put the bags on the lower bars to get enough lift for the 6's.

the front is where the trouble is gonna be at. you need to have the bags as close to the

pivot point of the lower control arm to generate enough lift to clear those 6's.

i'm running 4 3/8" valves... not interested in side to side. i'd recommend 4 vales as well.

3 switches (front, rear, and all up/all down)

post pics of the build. any other questions... let me know.

jeremy

I'm guessing yours has the hd suspesion package or something... The one I helped bag had almost the same suspension as my 2wd silvy, coil spring front with no torsion barsand regular leaf spring rear

all the 2000+ had torsion front ends and 4link in the back you must be confused

i have a 99 suburban that im bagging on 24's. its 4wd though.

i'd recommend slam specialties ss7's or ss8's all around. your choice

i'd recommend the viair 444 dual pack unless you already ordered the 480's.

do a 4 link in the rear and put the bags on the lower bars to get enough lift for the 6's.

the front is where the trouble is gonna be at. you need to have the bags as close to the

pivot point of the lower control arm to generate enough lift to clear those 6's.

i'm running 4 3/8" valves... not interested in side to side. i'd recommend 4 vales as well.

3 switches (front, rear, and all up/all down)

post pics of the build. any other questions... let me know.

jeremy

he said he doesnt want it to lay out, just to lay fenderwell and carry the extra weight.

DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

The rims and tires are all ordered......tires will be here in a week.......then I'm waiting for the ol' tax return to show up and then it is air bag time.....what I am planning on is 4 1/2 valves, 5 or 6 gallon tank, dual Viair 480's, as far as bags go I am leaning toward Slam bags.....in the back I'm going to put cups and bags......up front......I still haven't gotten a lot of direction on what to do.......I am definitely not doing shockwaves........however I don't know if I should use the stock a arm or get some JDM upper and lowers and some drop spindles.......what does everyone think about either of those options......I am going to run the air line through the frame for the fronts, with rubber bushings where the airline passes through the frame......what does everyone think about that......oh I know someone said something about a engine driven pump.....that is a no go for me I am running quad alternators and a magna charger supercharger will be going on eventually.....I am all maxed out.....that and I like my air conditioning....let me know what you guys think....thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

• 1 month later...

So the tax return is here and it is time to start the air ride.....I am on the kp website.......I am going to run the dual Viair 480s......since I am running dual compressors do I need to be looking for a tank that has dual 1/4 inputs as well as quad 1/2 outputs....I also need a drain too???? Right????? The tank will be mounted behind the roll pan between the frame rails......will 75 foot of 1/2 air line be enough.... I am looking for the either Parker or Danz valves......I need 8, right?????? Now as far as fittings what to think I will need.....I just need a list.....I'm here on the kp website like I said and there are a lot of options just need to narrow it down......what will I need to connect my valves together????? Slam specialties bags....still undecided on either ss7 or ss8.......4 upper and 4 lower bag mounts....do I need shock relocators???? I will get the gauges and controls, also the steering wheel gauge pod......drop spindles for sure.....still undecided about drop a arms....oh I am planning on running the air line through the frame rails....first good idea?????second should I use a rubber grommet or something where the airline goes though the frame??? I thought I might be a good idea.....is there anything I am missing let me know...thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I'm pretty sure cups will not work for the front on your suburban. You'll need what's called torsion brackets. It's basically a flat plate with gussets. pretty easy to install imo. You'll need at least 6 valves. Preferably 8. If you run 4 then the air will transfer between sides when turning. SMC is also another good valve brand. For the bags air lift dominators are good but they balloon a bit. So that can cause rubbing. As far as slams go, get the RE series. If you want a stiff ride then use the RE7's. If you want a soft ride then use the RE8's. They're bigger though. They'll be harder to fit up front then the RE7's but It's possible. On the gm truck forum im on all but one or two people that have used the SS series have had issues. Mostly leaking. Stay away from djm, it's hit and miss with them. Mostly miss from what I've seen. You'll need at least drop spindles. Mcgaughys make great drop spindles. You might even need a front kit like what Michigan metal works or ekstensive metal works sells. Their kits include arms and they relocate your upper arm brackets so you won't have a ton of negative camber. You'll for sure need shock relocators for the front and you'll probably have to redo the back shocks too. Air line through the frame is fine. Except maybe around the exhaust. If you bring it through the frame then use a rubber grommet. If you're mounting one compressor on the left of the tank and one on the right then just use 1/4" x 1/2" reducers. They'll screw into your 1/2" ports and make them 1/4".

Archived