any diehard droid geeks ?

But I mean, just find a custom ROM for your phone, flash it and try it out! If you don't like it, revert to stock with the backup you created.

The ROM is basically just a different layout, correct? I just downloaded ninjamorph and am looking into it, and it looks like this can modify everything as well, just gotta figure out where everything is and how ha.

But I mean, just find a custom ROM for your phone, flash it and try it out! If you don't like it, revert to stock with the backup you created.

The ROM is basically just a different layout, correct? I just downloaded ninjamorph and am looking into it, and it looks like this can modify everything as well, just gotta figure out where everything is and how ha.

Correct. Just be careful when using it, I have read a lot of places were people have messed up with it, do your research before you do decide to start messing with it.

Here is a small/quick guide I just found for NinjaMorph. Clicky

There is a more in depth guide I found a few days ago, if I find it again, I will post the link up here for you.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I've noticed there is two ninjamorphs in the market though, the free and paid version. I have the free and it seems to do everything, but I'm having an issue with busybox installing from the market. All I really want to do is change my notification bar to be black and that's about it.

Edit: Had to reboot but got busybox installed.

in the process of doing the unrevoked root, seems simple so far lol

and how do you tell if its rooted?

On the DX phones when you are rooted you will have an app in the app drawer called "Superuser", if it is not there, you are not rooted.

I've noticed there is two ninjamorphs in the market though, the free and paid version. I have the free and it seems to do everything, but I'm having an issue with busybox installing from the market. All I really want to do is change my notification bar to be black and that's about it.

Edit: Had to reboot but got busybox installed.

Glad you got it fixed.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Once you get your DX i would get it rooted and put Liberty Rom 1.0 on it. I have the D2 and my boss has the DX and I run Liberty on my D2 and it's fast and super effiecent with the battery, I have been unplugged for about 16 hours and im at 40% with mid to heavy use.

My boss is not quite into as I am but he loves the fact that is battery life is atleast 40% better.

If you like to customize shit you will get really addicted to droid. I have!!!

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

figured it out right after I posted lol. Finally rooted woot!

Do you just get all apps from the app store still? how does that work?

Yes. There are a few apps that require root to run (they need superuser access), that get removed from the market so you have to find the apk for download and install using a file manager (ie Astro, Root Explorer), but for just normally getting apps, you still use the market. There are sites where you can get paid apps for free if you search hard enough, but that shit ain't right.

Once you get your DX i would get it rooted and put Liberty Rom 1.0 on it.

Liberty is just one of the many great ROMs out there for the DX, I would research all the ROMs you can use and decide which is best for you. I checked out Liberty but did not like it due to the lack of blur I liked to occasionally use, so I went with DarkSlide Blur v4.2, couldn't be happier with it.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived