well i guess ill post here so others can input

34423_1503729671445_1180320105_31211611_3546580_n.jpg

red is bat + to bat +

black bat - to bat -

green amp power

blue amp ground

purple bat ground

little black boxes are fuses - need to be within 18 inches of battery

i havent done two runs before, just upgraded to 3/0 instead so im unsure about what to put on each. the 380 rating will be total.

big 3 is a must. not sure how the voltage will do but 3k rms is alot to be running off stock alt. your alt is a 90 amp, h/o alt would definitely be a good idea. hopefully others will give some input.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Ok well I'll let you know how it turns out. what fuse size should I get for in between that batterys?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

300 should be good for in between the batteries. thats just to make sure the wire doesnt get effed and catch on fire. dont think your amp is fused internally, id say those fuses are to protect your amp. so maybe 200 for each wire? could always be safe and do 150 each, buy the 200's and use those if the 150's keep popping. i buy extra fuses for everything just in case one pops. hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail. don't know much about the lvl 5's and how much rms they can take daily, you'll probably wanna take a look into that.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Why would you ground the rear battery seperately if you're connecting (parralel) the front battery - to rear battery -? I can see grounding the rear battery if you were adding another alt. and did a direct connect from that alt. to the rear battery. I'm also not that familar with multiple batteries but I plan on in the near future of putting a project together that will require 12 xs d3100's. I've also done a lot of research (mostly from this site) and I've not come across a battery wiring setup like this. If I'm missing something, more info would be great. Thank you!

pm'ed

well i guess ill post here so others can input

34423_1503729671445_1180320105_31211611_3546580_n.jpg

red is bat + to bat +

black bat - to bat -

green amp power

blue amp ground

purple bat ground

little black boxes are fuses - need to be within 18 inches of battery

i havent done two runs before, just upgraded to 3/0 instead so im unsure about what to put on each. the 380 rating will be total.

big 3 is a must. not sure how the voltage will do but 3k rms is alot to be running off stock alt. your alt is a 90 amp, h/o alt would definitely be a good idea. hopefully others will give some input.

Why would you ground the rear battery seperately if you're connecting (parralel) the front battery - to rear battery -? I can see grounding the rear battery if you were adding another alt. and did a direct connect from that alt. to the rear battery. I'm also not that familar with multiple batteries but I plan on in the near future of putting a project together that will require 12 xs d3100's. I've also done a lot of research (mostly from this site) and I've not come across a battery wiring setup like this. If I'm missing something, more info would be great. Thank you!

nothing wrong with adding more grounds. just helps to feed the system.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

nothing wrong with adding more grounds. just helps to feed the system.

Oh, that seems simple. So would you recommend I ground every battery just like the diagram? I was planning on paralleling all the batteries and hooking them up to an additional 2-3 h/o alts (I haven't figuered out how many alts I'll need/Still need to figure out the math).

I'm sorry but I'm no help for the above posts, but I was talking to someone at the local shop and he said I didnt need to run grounds from the front battery to the rear batterys? They dont do very many big systems there, just the average two 12's mainly, I always see guys on here running from the negative battery in front to the back battery, Should I have two runs parallel on the negative side?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

i dont think you necessarily "have to" but from what ive read its a good thing to do.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

I'm sorry but I'm no help for the above posts, but I was talking to someone at the local shop and he said I didnt need to run grounds from the front battery to the rear batterys? They dont do very many big systems there, just the average two 12's mainly, I always see guys on here running from the negative battery in front to the back battery, Should I have two runs parallel on the negative side?

really? because im pretty sure sanitarium and CJ gave you a good answer. did you just skip over them?

do what's in the diagram, fuck what a shop tells you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived