Integra performance upgrades

but stock vs stock a type R will demolish a iroc z

you will also never find a real itr for less then $12k. spent $12k on that stock integra and then go spend $12k on a sbc and see who is victorious

people need to look at best bang for the buck. plain and simple. I sunk close to $40k into an integra to make 640whp. for $37k anyone can go buy a turn-key 1650hp engine or spend $5k more and get the 2100hp version. now the same company offers a 660hp turn-key engine for $14,000. thats almost 1/3 of what I spent for the same power.

Huh thats funny... Mike Wohlers eclipse runs 8s and doesn't blow up every run, a 4g64 (4g63 head) powered rx-7 that drives to and from the track makes mid 8 second passes and doesn't blow up... :shrug:

MAPerformance is THE SHIT!!!

you will also never find a real itr for less then $12k. spent $12k on that stock integra and then go spend $12k on a sbc and see who is victorious

people need to look at best bang for the buck. plain and simple. I sunk close to $40k into an integra to make 640whp. for $37k anyone can go buy a turn-key 1650hp engine or spend $5k more and get the 2100hp version. now the same company offers a 660hp turn-key engine for $14,000. thats almost 1/3 of what I spent for the same power.

MAPerformance is THE SHIT!!!

you should have talked to slowmotion motorsports then, they have full engine builds that can handle 800+ hp, that they build in house, you just got to buy the trans turbo kit and everything else...

and their engines start out at like 1200 or so

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

but can camaro's run 12's in the quarter while retaining 30 mpg on the highway. didnt think so lol 4 cylinder ftw why does anyone even compare 4 cylinder honda's to v8 camaro's and shit. yeah if you put this amount of money into this and such then yeah you'll fucking win. but who cares. its about what the person building it wants to do. theres tons of 4 cylinders that could straight up rape v8's and the point is, that its a 4 cylinder that putting tractor trailer lengths on a v8. i mean that has to be an awesome feeling. anyone can step on the gas of an f body and go fast.but i'd like my cars to be able to go around turns as well.

examples. on a road race, an evo would fuck the shit out of any camaro. because camaro's are just meant to go fast, not handle very well. i can take turns in my honda faster that i can in the transam that i've been driving around in.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

you should have talked to slowmotion motorsports then, they have full engine builds that can handle 800+ hp, that they build in house, you just got to buy the trans turbo kit and everything else...

and their engines start out at like 1200 or so

My engine was capable of handling 1000hp+ but my turbo and injectors were the only things holding me back. Portflow head and benson block.. Doesn't get much better then that

but can camaro's run 12's in the quarter while retaining 30 mpg on the highway. didnt think so lol 4 cylinder ftw why does anyone even compare 4 cylinder honda's to v8 camaro's and shit. yeah if you put this amount of money into this and such then yeah you'll fucking win. but who cares. its about what the person building it wants to do. theres tons of 4 cylinders that could straight up rape v8's and the point is, that its a 4 cylinder that putting tractor trailer lengths on a v8. i mean that has to be an awesome feeling. anyone can step on the gas of an f body and go fast.but i'd like my cars to be able to go around turns as well.

examples. on a road race, an evo would fuck the shit out of any camaro. because camaro's are just meant to go fast, not handle very well. i can take turns in my honda faster that i can in the transam that i've been driving around in.

This is true, but I'll take real power and torque from a rwd and the exhaust note that a camaro/mustang has and give up a few mpg, although the ls1 can get ~25mpg on the highway while still doing 12's. And yeah if you want to get into comparing cars for road race and drag, those are completely different setups and the camaro likely wouldn't handle it as well as an awd. And sure a 4 cylinder can put lengths on a v8 but you'd have to drop tens of thousands of dollars to do so and say you spent $20k and beat a camaro that was stock, but said camaro does H/C/I and is now beating you or keeping it dead even, the camaro spent under $3k and is now faster. The problem with FWD is traction, you can only put so much power to the wheels before you're going to spin everywhere. We could argue about this all day but there are so many variables for each setup and in the end, I would rather spend less and go with a camaro over a civic. Not saying I hate civics, because if you want to blow all your money to make it decent then fine, but most people I've met with them think they're the shit and will blow anyone away which annoys me. I can appreciate a clean civic, fast or slow though.

This is true, but I'll take real power and torque from a rwd and the exhaust note that a camaro/mustang has and give up a few mpg, although the ls1 can get ~25mpg on the highway while still doing 12's. And yeah if you want to get into comparing cars for road race and drag, those are completely different setups and the camaro likely wouldn't handle it as well as an awd. And sure a 4 cylinder can put lengths on a v8 but you'd have to drop tens of thousands of dollars to do so and say you spent $20k and beat a camaro that was stock, but said camaro does H/C/I and is now beating you or keeping it dead even, the camaro spent under $3k and is now faster. The problem with FWD is traction, you can only put so much power to the wheels before you're going to spin everywhere. We could argue about this all day but there are so many variables for each setup and in the end, I would rather spend less and go with a camaro over a civic. Not saying I hate civics, because if you want to blow all your money to make it decent then fine, but most people I've met with them think they're the shit and will blow anyone away which annoys me. I can appreciate a clean civic, fast or slow though.

actually if you really look at it, its more expensive to work on chevys over hondas.... since everyone and their cousin owns a honda, the market for aftermarket and performance parts is alot greater for them. which also means companys are competing price wise..

if you own a honda, you can turbo it for under 3k, hell there is DIY guides on how to cheaply build a daily driven turbo car on alot of honda forums... and i agree I dont like how everyone who owns a honda thinks their shit is faster, I deal with it every day.... trust me..

and it depends on the driver, if you sit at redline before you jump the gun on a street race, yeah your going to get smoked, if you sit at 3k rpms you can still get traction while getting a jump off the line... atleast in my integra it would grip at 3k and bust out like a mother fucker.

just depends on the driver if we were talking about racing wise...

all in all, its cheaper to modify a honda than it is to work on chevy, ford, or anything else American or European

'

edit*

ive never met a v8 camaro stock or a v8 mustang stock that could keep up with me on the HW back in my racing days..... and my ITR motor is stock...

that was back before i got into car audio

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if you honestly think the aftermarket for hondas is greater then the aftermarket for chevy then you are a very closed minded human being and need to look around

if you go to ANY car performance store, what section is the biggest one there?

the aftermarket scene for hondas > chevy... its the truth, I think you are the closed minded human being for thinking that its not...''

also, whats cheaper to work on.... honda or a chevy.... so if he doesnt do the work himself or cant... in the long run honda will be cheaper

and its cheaper to replace the engine if he needs 2... granted honda motors will run for 500k miles if decently taken care of

Team DC Audio

actually if you really look at it, its more expensive to work on chevys over hondas.... since everyone and their cousin owns a honda, the market for aftermarket and performance parts is alot greater for them. which also means companys are competing price wise..

if you own a honda, you can turbo it for under 3k, hell there is DIY guides on how to cheaply build a daily driven turbo car on alot of honda forums... and i agree I dont like how everyone who owns a honda thinks their shit is faster, I deal with it every day.... trust me..

and it depends on the driver, if you sit at redline before you jump the gun on a street race, yeah your going to get smoked, if you sit at 3k rpms you can still get traction while getting a jump off the line... atleast in my integra it would grip at 3k and bust out like a mother fucker.

all in all, its cheaper to modify a honda than it is to work on chevy, ford, or anything else American or European

'

edit*

ive never met a v8 camaro stock or a v8 mustang stock that could keep up with me on the HW back in my racing days..... and my ITR motor is stock...

that was back before i got into car audio

It's more expensive if you don't do the work yourself, but I don't let anyone touch my cars if I want to modify them, so in the long run it's worth learning yourself and to learn what you're doing. And how much power were you making launching at 3k? If you were talking about your stock ITR motor then you're only launching with 200hp, less so to the wheels so that's not going to really spin anyway. And there is quite the market out there for v8's, maybe not in shops you go to but there are plenty of shops/places to get stuff and it is also a competitive market, prices aren't too horrible modifying a v8 either and honda vs camaro/mustang part for part the v8 parts will likely show more gain over honda parts.

And what camaros and mustangs were you racing with your ITR that they couldn't keep up..? Stock 5.7L LS1's are around 310hp and mustangs 4.6L are about 260hp so I don't see them having a problem keeping up at all even though both cars are around 3200lbs stock, unless the driver had no idea how to drive, and even still they wouldn't be walked over.

And about the engines being cheaper, I could get a LS1 full engine/trans/harness for ~$3k. The LS engines are also amazing and one of the most top rated motors as well.

Archived