Sonic Electronix

If on the ohm setting on the DMM, I touch the probe to the OUTSIDE speaker terminals on the box, is that number the ohm load the amp is seeing? I have my dual 2 wired to 4 ohms, but when I touch the terminals it reads 1.5. Is it possible I blew a coil?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Dvc 2 ohm sub can be wired at 4 or 1 ohm. You obviously have it wired to 1 ohm.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

take the woofer out and stick the probes in the speaker terminals. thats the only way to really know. its quite possible tho i have a woofer sitting in my room with one coil reading 2.0 and the other reading 3.8 lol <-meaning its donezo

Edit: Alex K's idea is possible too. although itd be weird for a woofer to have coils that would wire down to 1.5

Edited by Steph3n1

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

It could also be the hardware that you used for the bolts giving you the weird ohm load.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Dvc 2 ohm sub can be wired at 4 or 1 ohm. You obviously have it wired to 1 ohm.

:orly3: Double and triple checked. Thats the screwy thing. I should point out the sub cut out on the way home from dinner. No smell, no smoke, cool dustcap. Then I check and get that reading. I'm gonna go pull the sub real quick.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Double post...damn phone. Lol

Edited by kbsmoker

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

:orly3: Double and triple checked. Thats the screwy thing. I should point out the sub cut out on the way home from dinner. No smell, no smoke, cool dustcap. Then I check and get that reading. I'm gonna go pull the sub real quick.

if thats the case then the Vc could have partially un wound thats if it bottomed out. push on the cone somewhat hard if you hear a scratchy grinding noise then time for a recone!

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

yeah if it wont sit steady and keeps giving huge readings all over the place its shot

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg