ETA btl n3

Soapbox

What is the estimated date of for release of the spl btl N3?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Same time as N1 and N2 drivers. Just haven't focused as much on N3 after initial testing and moving to the N1 and N2 drivers as those are the dailyable versions. N3 is geared more towards SPLish applications. N1 and N2 will sell 10 to 1 over N3 and should.... there simply isn't that much of a market for SPL oriented drivers vs daily versions.

And for clarification you do not need and SPL driver to be louder for daily. You do not need and SPL driver if you compete once every 6 months at a local comp with your daily box and low freq daily tuning. So, for 99.9% of you, you need the N2 driver. This is the replacement for the Gen1 and Gen2 BTLs. Leave the N3 to people that compete in burp classes(and not for music, Bassboxing, or dB Drag competitions either).

Higher efficiency and motor force do not equate to better bass performance over the N2 versions for daily... plain and simple. The efficiency is at "reference" and not an indicator of which sub is "louder" at all frequencies. Sub performance in the bottom octaves for daily comes from a little more middle of the road Qts and motor force... and the BTLs are pushing that limit as it is. Much more and you get a massively saddle shaped response and less overall output due to it.

Thanks,

Scott

Its great that you posted this info. Thanks for drawing such clear lines, it makes my decision to buy much easier.

Scott and Nick always help me understand everything so clear. Yet another reason why I love Fi/AA. The owners aren't to big to answer the growing questions from their customers.

I loved the explaination Scott. I cant wait to get my hands on one of these new woofers one day!

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived