Computer heating room

I keep my PC in the bedroom of my new apartment and I've noticed that the temp in the room is a good 10 to 15 degrees hotter than the rest of the place. Is there any way that I can somehow keep the computer from pumping out so much heat and heating the room?

*Note: The computer runs 24/7 as it's my HTPC and while I know that's probably why it's so hot in here, I'd like to be able to keep it running because I've never had this problem anywhere I've lived before.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

moar fans

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Under clock it or try a better PSU (one that is either more in line with the box's needs or one that's just more efficient).

Outside of that really the only other thing you could do is put it in another room/closet.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 3 weeks later...

Adding more fans wouldn't make a difference because the fans are still circulating the room's air. I would try water cooling although the radiator will still be hot. You could under clock it as well like underlok said. Your best bet for saving money would just to put it in the closet. An odd thing you could do is put the computer in a water tight case and fill it with olive oil. It keeps it cool, and its not really going to radiate out into the room, but then if you want to upgrade or swap something, its a little troublesome.

more air flow in case along with make sure computer will throttle down when not active.... ie cool n' quiet... alot of times a power supply can pump out alot of heat as well... getting a larger power supply for it doesn't have to work so hard would help... between the psu and cooling fans you can keep the machine running pretty cool and would be easy to install versus water cooling just for a HTPC... Think of it as an oven, the oven would not get as hot if you left the door open, so the less air flow you have in the case the more heat EVERYTHING generates.

Also, as for the room... is it warmer WITHOUT the computer on as well? I had a heat issue in my office and I found that more fans in the case and air circulating in the room helped alot... I think u got 2 issues, the pc isnt running that effiecent and the room probably has poor air return or circulation...