Sundown Audio

STEVE MEADES T600.1

Fennygolf

equipment like that is kind of expensive to just start buying and throwing together to learn from experience. at least do a little research before deciding you want to go active, if you haven't.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

if it has the freq responce to do it you could run 2, but I have 20wrms on my tweeters and it can make your ears ring I don't want to know what 600 sounds like

im only going to be pushing 300 man not 600 and thats the smallest amp from RF i could find and all my amps are going to be RF

Research research research. I say try it, but only if you read as much info as possible so you dont cook your mids and highs in a week. I going to run active, but I'm still reading up on it

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

running a mono to all tweeters isn't something I would do, running 2 wouldn't be bad though

tweeters should be ran stereo not mono

You're the only one paying attention... LOL

I don't know what he has hooked up to his tweeters, but if he's running mono to his tweeters it'll sound like shit. Music plays in stereo. Meaning, That which plays on the left side may not be the same that's playing on the right side. Steve knows this, If anything at all, the 600.1 is powering those 8s in the doors. You need at least 2 channels for tweeters in order to play left and right sides.

I don't know what he has hooked up to his tweeters, but if he's running mono to his tweeters it'll sound like shit. Music plays in stereo. Meaning, That which plays on the left side may not be the same that's playing on the right side. Steve knows this, If anything at all, the 600.1 is powering those 8s in the doors. You need at least 2 channels for tweeters in order to play left and right sides.

so the tweeters could be running off the T1000.4s

no reason you cant run the tweeters off the mono amp, you just need two mono amps is all.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

what ever happened to learning from experience? its not difficult to do and its not like he'll be playing with a bomb....

Because when it blows up we have to hear about it because he was too lazy to research what active means.

Can't learn if you don't do it, good sir. :pardon:

Just saying.

You can learn. You can read and research.

might want to know your facts before u start saying stuff man i let me friend use my profile to post this i just got on to find out that hes been using it also

Ive seen your posts. you aren't exactly the most knowledgeable. besides If I really want to I can check IPS and all that goodness. You stick to the "friend" story. And if it was for a "friend" why do you keep asking questions? Have him make his own name it takes two minutes.

equipment like that is kind of expensive to just start buying and throwing together to learn from experience. at least do a little research before deciding you want to go active, if you haven't.

oh my god someone gets it.

Research research research. I say try it, but only if you read as much info as possible so you dont cook your mids and highs in a week. I going to run active, but I'm still reading up on it

oh my god someone else gets it.

not to mention a mono amp for tweeters is not the best idea. And the fact you mention no signal processors. Have fun enjoy it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

hey guys ever since steve has redone his tahoe from 20k to 30k theres been one thing that has been wracking my brain he has 1 T600.1 for 12 tweeters and im wondering how did he do that the only was i could think of was he wired them in series but the ohm load would be like god aweful low please help me cause im planning on using a P300.1 for my tweeters in my build thats coming up thanks

well i mean i might use the cross overs in my car but this is a friend that isnt on the forum also im still working on my build but thanks bro how would i set up an amp active

might want to know your facts before u start saying stuff man i let me friend use my profile to post this i just got on to find out that hes been using it also

So, you didn't make the first post... your' friend did? Wow, interesting that you and your' friend both use all lower case letters, no punctuation, and the entire post is one long run-on sentence. I'm not buying into the "my friend posted this" thing.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Did STEVE tell you he was running a T600.1 on his highs?

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived