Second Skin Audio

12'' sub upgrade suggestions?!?

Thx olds, i'm assuming I should go ported? The specs say 33hz ported and about 1.8-2.5 cu.ft. Each. Should I aim inside to the cabin sealed from the trunk? Or just traditional box aimed backwards? Thanks!

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Thx olds, i'm assuming I should go ported? The specs say 33hz ported and about 1.8-2.5 cu.ft. Each. Should I aim inside to the cabin sealed from the trunk? Or just traditional box aimed backwards? Thanks!

all depends on how "functional" you want your system to be. You said its a daily driver does that mean you carry passengers? sealing off the trunk is alot more work but i loved it when i did it. you get alot less trunk rattle too. and that n1.8-2.5 is for a 12" correct? i doubt you'll get 5.5-6(rough estimate) cubes before displacement in that trunk

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Sorry I meant 0.9-1.5 cu.ft for the 10's. My trunk already has a large pre-fab ported box with 2 12" JBL's as well as 2 huge amps. It's a coupe so I usually drive alone or with 1 passenger and use the back seats for bags or luggage or wtv. The work is no problem sealing off the trunk. I already fat-matted most of my car and still have almost a full roll left. And I'm still young (21)

So you think I could hit mid 130 or even 140's with two SSD 10's? That would be more than enough for me. I just need a solid box design though.

Edited by BboyTaktix

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Sorry I meant 0.9-1.5 cu.ft for the 10's. My trunk already has a large pre-fab ported box with 2 12" JBL's as well as 2 huge amps. It's a coupe so I usually drive alone or with 1 passenger and use the back seats for bags or luggage or wtv. The work is no problem sealing off the trunk. I already fat-matted most of my car and still have almost a full roll left. And I'm still young (21)

So you think I could hit mid 130 or even 140's with two SSD 10's? That would be more than enough for me. I just need a solid box design though.

easily if you seal off the trunk. If you seal off the trunk you could do 12's depending on how wide and height the opening is from your back seats into the trunk. Or you could cut it to fit whatever you want like me lol. and your older then me man ;)

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

easily if you seal off the trunk. If you seal off the trunk you could do 12's depending on how wide and height the opening is from your back seats into the trunk. Or you could cut it to fit whatever you want like me lol. and your older then me man ;)

yeah, I won't be doing any cutting though. I'll measure the space and see if 10's or 12's are more appropriate. i also want to make sure the rear seats can close over the subs to make it discreet. Sounds like I'll have to start stocking up supplies for box building and get around to ordering those subs! Also gotta get around to finishing my sub layout. I'll be waiting before ordering the subs though. Got some cash coming in soon. Then I'll sell my prefab box with my 2 JBL's.

or do planet audio's bb2 12's in a 33 hertz box i have some in my jeep and they get low look up solow970 on you tube and watch the flex with scooby it doesnt really shake the hell out of the shirt but moves it a full 4" with just bass

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

DC lvl3's and your good to go.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe