What would be more Benifitial

How many of the 14v and how many of the 12v? Or are you just asking whether to go 14v or 12 v for the Stetsoms?

I'd go with 14v if I had the money and electrical to back it up? But I'd probably do 12v if it were for a daily driver.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

from allt he testing ive seen, they dont like over 14.8 , so if you have 14v batts dont you need to charge at 16v?

if going to 14v batts, i would go with 2 SD8ks since they are fine up to 16v, from the testing ive seen

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I know on 1 200a alt, and 5 batts, 4 kinetik 2400s and a 1400, lots of 1/0, it doesnt take long to drop it to 11.2 full tilt.. 20 sec maybe?

i would run 3 or 4 of the biggest XS batts per amp if that was me and I had the $$

and 4 300a alts, if it were me :)

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

im not a fan of voltage drop.. at all... i wish i could full tilt my shit all day and watch it sit at 14.3-14.4, maybe the lowest it would go would be 14.0... so my electrical preference for what you should have is slightly off compared to others.

Team DC Audio

im not a fan of voltage drop.. at all... i wish i could full tilt my shit all day and watch it sit at 14.3-14.4, maybe the lowest it would go would be 14.0... so my electrical preference for what you should have is slightly off compared to others.

Me too :) I've had my share of anemic charging systems, and learned to go big on that before your equipment. 13-13.5 is still normal and acceptable voltage for daily use, but I personally keep mine above 14. Really 14.8 :D There's only so much you can do in most cars though.

A sundown 4500 should cost between 1000-1500 depending on where you buy and the age, and 2 nice subs to match will probably cost another 800-1000. Lets just be nice and say it's 2,000 for the subs/amp. The 2+ runs of 1/0, dual alt setup, d3400 up front and 2 d3100s I would like to see would also cost around $2000.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3