The Faith of dB Dragracing.

however, look at it from new blood. If you paid 50 bucks to enter a comp and all you got was a paper printout that was printed out like the ink was running out, you would be less likely to try it again.

ill share a story.

my first db drag show. i woke up at 4am to drive to border motorsports in dillon south carolina. i hit the road, drove a few hundred miles, and finally arrived. i saw a sign that said border motorsports. i saw no cars, and no sign that said open. i sat there a few minutes and finally saw one car drive up and go around the back of the building. i started my car, drove around there and saw a few people standing around.

i stop my car, let the window down, and before i can even ask if im in the right place, some asshole says go around front, and literally slams the door closed. its a miracle at this point that i didnt put a knot on this guys head right than and there.

i pull around front, and park. an hour later, i go to start my car to leave and go home and the judge finally pulls up.

that was the good part of the day.

however, i kept my head together, and went to a show in florida the next weekend and was hooked. those assholes in south carolina will never get another fucking dime from me, and i wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire. but, i realized that even though there were no awards at all for that show, that isnt what matters.

i just recently threw away about 75 first place trophies. the only ones i kept is the national champion stuff, and the world finals stuff.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

your a girl? When bill and I where trying to get dat going we were called parasites because we wouldn't support db drag, we weren't the only ones, he didn't single us out, but he didn't have to, he called manufacturers that wouldn't pay to have a banner on his site parasites, he wouldn't let people use brand images/logos on his site unless they paid to be members of db drag, yeah way to go wayne let's alienate the manufactures

Ive only been to one comp myself and the show was good enough that i was hooked. I got slapped by like 10 DBs but im coming back with more power now so maybe ill get slapped by a few less DBs lol. It was a 3 hour drive and I initially expected to just go and hangout and meet some people. I decided to compete and came in 2nd place ... That felt good as fuck to me. I even got a trophy. I am now really into the sport. Im on termpro and the different leaugue sites daily trying to learn as much as i can. But since my first competition it seems like theres been nothign but problems with these organizations. IDK what it takes to expand the sport but i thought id give my noob experience and perspective. I think if you can make the show fun but still competitive then people will come. A guy i never meet before gave me some quick tips on how to compete and he was even in my class so i thought that was the coolest thing ever. But on the other hand ive read threads that talk about how some teams/shows can have alot of dicks there who are no good in supporting the hobby/sport.

Back to the trophies. I think some kinda prize is definitely neccisary. IDK any competition that that doesnt offer a reward for doing well or winning, so why shouldnt car audio competitions. I love leaving my house everyday and seeing my trophy sitting ontop of the fireplace. Getting a reward for your hard work seems neccisary to me. Just like hugh said ... he threw away all his trophies except his world champ ones. To beginners/"average" competitors each of those trophies means alot to them. And that will end my random typing. There was also a topic on something like this not too long ago by HHR Ed

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

your a girl? When bill and I where trying to get dat going we were called parasites because we wouldn't support db drag, we weren't the only ones, he didn't single us out, but he didn't have to, he called manufacturers that wouldn't pay to have a banner on his site parasites, he wouldn't let people use brand images/logos on his site unless they paid to be members of db drag, yeah way to go wayne let's alienate the manufactures

No, not a girl. But like a girl when it comes to gossip! That explains why none of my brands were available to put next to my profile. Thats gay!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Call me greedy, but even a little trophy for the hours and money I have put into my car would be nice if I am able to competitively enter a competition in the low 140's range. I have always had to pay my car insurance. I've always had to pay for my own gas, buy my own car. I pay my cell phone bill. Hell i've bought all of my school shit this year myself because I feel bad making my parents try to cover my college stuff on top of my sisters'. My parents have had nothing but shitty luck so we don't have too many "nice" things. Therefore I have had to work my ass off for what I have. I've given up my weekends to work. Given up my "party nights" to work. I stay up til 5 am having to work a 9-5 the following day just to get a box assembled. I went to my first comp at 17, second at 18, and third at 19. I am 19 now, it may just be my age talking, but driving over two hours both ways to get bumped up a class then spanked is a little bummer. I ran a single 15" on 1500rmsish, but got placed into Street C because I had my two Deka's hooked up in the rear which put me over the "battery limit" in Street B. Lost to a dude with two 15"s on 8k in an Escalade. <_<

Regardless, point being that ever since I went to my first competition and saw the maybe 12" trophies they were giving out, it has since been my goal to get one. Once I get my competitive setup in, and haul myself 5 hours round-trip I wouldn't mind a little something-something if you know what I mean. ;) Something to show to my parents to show them that not all of my efforts of this seemingly "pointless" hobby go to waste, my uncle's that have supported me even though they know nothing more than how to run a power wire and that the gain makes it go boom, my buddies at school that think i'm loud and ask if I compete. It's just one more feeling of "fulfillment." Sort of a "good job" pat on the back. Do I need it? No. But I sure as Hell wouldn't mind cracking a little grin every time or two when I pass by it... To know that my hard work, research, patience, and knowledge has paid off and can surpass those who show up with mommy and daddy's system in their Caddy. My $0.02. (and a little vent/rant lol)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, &#x27;Ray&#x27; said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I completely agree with Bill. Help the new guys out and show them how much fun car audio can be. IMO that's the best way to get them addicted to it. As it sits there isn't any fun competing in dB Drag spl classes. The Street classes need a serious overhaul. Love Bass Race though.

Check out the NSPL format. It's much more noob friendly since the Street classes are separated by vehicle type and CRXs aren't allowed. They also go by clamped power so you don't have to worry about getting out muscled by the guys with deep pockets and huge amplifiers.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Like a girl when it comes to bra's and thongs! That explains why I get caught diggin all the time!

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Archived