Second Skin Audio

World's Beefiest 10

HHR Ed

Talk about putting targets on your head.

So in other words you're saying YOUR 10s are worthless. Right?

Cuz Thors DC lvl5 10 sure as hell wasn't worthless. And I'll bet that the TSNS 10 isn't gonna be worthless.

eh thors 10's were pretty useless they never stayed together, but 10's are not worthless, only someone completely clue less when it come to system design thinks they need big subs to be loud

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Cuz Thors DC lvl5 10 sure as hell wasn't worthless. And I'll bet that the TSNS 10 isn't gonna be worthless.

Do you even understand what your talking about?

the cone Fi uses for their 10" is NOT worthless. Its not the best for high motor force applications. Why do you think its not on the BTL? He can make any 10" he wants but if you hadn't noticed Fi wont do anything thats a waste of time or pointless.

Unless you know the parts every company uses how can you comment?

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

You do not use the same cone body that I do either sweetie.

:pardon:

Edit: Why do you consistantly keep putting targets on your head, thinking that I am scared to pull the trigger? There is also a reason why I was ignoring this thread at all cost as well as it did not pertain to me at all what so ever. However, You drug me here by quoting what I said.

One must consider the target audience will oo and ahhh as a toddler will with a mirror and a rattle. Give them something shiny and makes some noise and they will drool for days. Regardless if the mirror is made out of lead and the rattle is coated in asbestos based paint.

Thank you for putting down your customer base and demeaning their tastes.

That and

Calling a potential product worthless without even so much as a feasibility study or a thought as to whether or not is viable or not is pretty ignorant.

Sorry, I will stop this now. I wanna be a nice guy. Afterall, I do like designs your company does, always have.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

the cone Fi uses for their 10" is NOT worthless. Its the best for hgih motor force applications. Why do you think its not on the BTL? He can make any 10" he wants but if you hadn't noticed Fi wont do anything thats a waste of time or pointless.

meh disagree there

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

the cone Fi uses for their 10" is NOT worthless. Its the best for hgih motor force applications. Why do you think its not on the BTL? He can make any 10" he wants but if you hadn't noticed Fi wont do anything thats a waste of time or pointless.

Nick has said it before with a smaller sub like the Bl or Q it is a good 10" because there is not much motor force. The cone geometry of a 10 is horrible when you have so much motor force if the spiders and everything else is limiting it then why have such a big sub? This is just eyecandy...

Ed and I do not like each other, we will never like each other, we established that months ago. He put a target on his head by quoting what I previously said in another thread. I stay away from him, until something like this arises. If you are dumb enough to run infront of somebody at a rifle range that is dangerous and unstable with a 50 caliber rifle loaded and the safety off, then you deserve to get shot.

Rational thought and a reason behind not producing something other then trying to make a sale to give somebody what they want is two completely different things. The frame that is used in the first picture is indeed leaps and bounds ahead of the 12 spoke 10" frame, that thing is horrible for decent excursion. However, it is still not perfect. You have more rearword spider landing clearance then you do clearance in the top of the basket geometry...in other words the cone will slam into the spider landing WAY before the spiders will get to the top plate of the motor.

Many people just say sure..you want it here it is, put a price tag on it and could care less if they know if it works properly or not. Ie: The toddler analogy. They do not care..they have a mirror and a rattle and they are happy. They do not know that the rattle is covered in asbestos based paint...they're just happy because they have a rattle, and are totally ignorant of what asbestos is and does.

I will not be back in this thread.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

the cone Fi uses for their 10" is NOT worthless. Its the best for hgih motor force applications.

Nah, DD's cones are actually. Anything Carbon/Kevlar, Just so expensive to make.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

I'll hold my judgement until I see one in somebody's hands.

This one is made of steel and ferrite this time, right?

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I'll hold my judgement until I see one in somebody's hands.

This one is made of real metal and ferrite this time, right?

Yup, all 50 motors like this one are sitting here.

Like I said, I will build it to test it. Testing may not go well, it may go swimmingly, Nick mentioned how the spider can hit the cone and he is correct and that has been a concern. We arent gonna space the spiders like the larger woofers to help this.

In mock up, looks like clearances will work. Just gotta magnetize the motor and get it together.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist